Local Needs Talk....Why Are People Missing Meetings?

by bronzefist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I wasn't there, but a friend called and said the local needs part was how the congregation is having a SERIOUS problem. " Meeting attendance has NEVER been as low as it has been this year! If anyone here knows of someone who is not attending meetings PLEASE stop in on them to let them know THEY are making Satan Happy. The world is full of selfish people that are controlled by Satan, and sad to say some of our brothers and sisters are also becoming as selfish."

These elders never give a crap about anyone whose mind isn't stuck in 1950 gear.

Talk was given by my fleshly "elder" brother who hasn't called me in the 4 years I've been back in this area...I'm not DF'd or haven't DA'd myself.(Yes he has my # but keeps "losing"it.)

brzfst

• golf2
    golf2

My answer, the 'truth shall make you free."

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Sounds like they are going to close another Kingdom Hall.

• oompa
    oompa
    .(Yes he has my # but keeps "losing"it.)

brzfst

ya.....so funny....my wife went off on the elders recently for not calling or contacting me for TWO YEARS.....even though i was a loyal born in heavy contributor for many years...........oompa

forgot to ad he said he has called me several times but i did not answer my cell....i said bullshit....i was his best man at his wedding!!.....i would never not answer his call....and told him so in a nice manner.........but geeze he never even left a message!..........liar

• wobble
    wobble

People keep missing meetings coz they are so bloody boring.

Love

Wobble

• dozy
    dozy

It does seem a bit pointless to have a local needs complaining about people missing meetings - surely the people missing meetings would miss the talk. And one statement likely to put people off even more so would be comparing them to selfish people who love Satan!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Probably one reason for dismal meeting attendance is that they keep harping on dismal meeting attendance. There is no point in going to a meeting that tells you that you need to keep going to like meetings. And those in attendance are sick and tired of hearing that, while they could be doing something worthwhile. And so they start missing the boasting sessions themselves, lowering attendance even more.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The meetings are so BORING.....as a Servant I came up with the idea to make the meetings more like a "Price is right Game show" with prizes and bauetiful girls.....an Elder yelling "Witness 007 COME ON DOWN!!!!" And they said I was crazy....who's laughing now!

• carla
    carla

They really said that 'you are making satan happy'? and you are to tell someone else that?! I am nearly speechless, but not quite....

When they use language like that aren't they in fact setting the slacker up for mistreatment by the cong? One hand you are to visit and try to get them back to meetings but if they continue in their 'selfish' ways they are basically a satan lover or evil. Makes the shunning so much easier when they are finally df'd doesn't it? all for missing a few meetings.

In contrast, as a ubm I used to tell my jw he was being selfish for going to all those meetings! hahaha, out to save his own butt and forget about his own family and on and on.... If you remember a new study had that extra private Wed book study, so he was only available to family on Mon or Fri nights and by Sat late afternoon (after fs) we were so disgusted with him we didn't want anything to do with him!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Must be hard to attend meetings when they have been villifying and kicking peoples asses out on a consitant and regular basis since Rutherfords big mouthed fat ass was in power. Then they say Satan!

It's like having ten kids and mistreating them while they grow up till you end up kicking out 7 of them out. Then you sit at the dinner table one day and notice there's only three people sitting there. You've made there lives miserable and dull by making nothing but rules and punishments but you tell the childrens aid " Well they just had a bad attitude." When it's you, that has the bad attitude and needs to be reformed.

It's like drilling a hole in the bottom of your row boat and then when it starts to sink you blame the evil water for sinking it. Stupid! I don't care how many watchtowers you to stuff in that hole to keep it from sinking. It's still gonna sink. The best you can do is take your three remaining overworked passengers to keep bailing water till they burn out. They'll hate you for making the hole and deep down they know why it's sinking but they have no choice but to keep bailing.

Then the remaining ones decide to take a dive and swim to shore only to find there freinds waiting and dry. It's a mutiny and the captain just can't seem to figure out why nobody wants to come and swim back to the boat to hear his big mouth orders and do his pointless bailing for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit