Appropriate attire for females................?

by Vachi 8 He Is 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sisters who wear pant suites could be struck dead by Jehovahs Holy Spirit....I'm amazed it doesn't happen more offen...

• carla
    carla

Why not wear dresses everyday 24/7? Aren't jw's supposed to be representing jah all day everyday? not just for meeting hours?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was always told that JW's wear what is acceptable in business atire. Have they not noticed that women wear pantsuits to work? If they are concerned about not sticking out, then they should stand near churches and watch what people wear to the services. They wear blue jeans and shorts in the summer. So for a sister to wear a pantsuit, a nice one, or dressier pants, she'd still be far overdressed in many churches.

It's an issue of control. And of being stuck in the 1950's. Why'd they pick the decade of the 1950's?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm had a dream once about going into a kingdom hall in a very modest dress, at least on the front. Walking in and up to the front of the hall to sit down, everyone gasping in shock, because the bum of the dress was cut out and revealed a thong and stockings. LMAO I guess even my dreams have my twisted sense of humour.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We can say all we like, but the fact remains that dubs are stuck in a time warp when it comes to dress. The idea of 'not wearing trousers to church' (for a woman) belongs to something from decades ago when they were seen to be avant-garde, or only something she would wear while doing housework. There is also the headship angle, that she must not be seen to be imitating a man...

FHN..your comments remind me of a debate we had in an elders meeting once. It was summer and even in the UK , the lads were reluctant to button their tie and wear a jacket. An old elder said that "even in church such things were expected" . I stood outside a big church as they turned out, mainly casually dressed. I told them all , but it made no difference.

It is ok for us to say it is is stupid, but put yourself in this "sister's" place. Would you really like to go along and know that every eye was upon you with displeasure and disdain because you wore what she had on? ..Most people would change first.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The last time I stepped foot in a hall I wore pants. I wanted to make it very clear that I was not a jw.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its all about again power and control and woman should be in subjection to men.

There is also an effort to make the congregation as good as possible in the eyes of the public

This is God's only earthly organization, so we should look the part .....think marketing

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There is also an effort to make the congregation as good as possible in the eyes of the public

This is God's only earthly organization, so we should look the part .....think marketing

The problem with this is: they only care what they look like to the public. They treat already in JW's like trash.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Abbagail-

That scripture is so wierd and twisted -

After all jesus and the apostles waltzed around the promised land preaching in SKIRTS.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You also need to ask yourself:

If the Queen of England, or the President invited you to a ceremonial banquet, or to come and receive an award, what would you put on?

If you think you are going to be in the presence of the Almighty, what will you wear?

Personally I think clean neat and smart, whether a trousers suit for a woman, or a Scottish Kilt for a man is not a slap in the face for God.

But lets face it you don't dress DOWN for a wedding or the office.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit