Appropriate attire for females................?

by Vachi 8 He Is 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

So I went to pick my aunt up from the diamond lane pick up point on Wednesday and I ask her if her witness buddy is going to pick her up. She says "No I don't want to call her because I'm going home to change and that'll make her late." So I chime in "Why don't you wear what you have on?" And she says well I have on pants and when I go to the hall I don't want to wear something that's inappropriate to jehovah." Keep in mind she was wearing a pantsuit. So I tell her, "It's a pantsuit, women can get away with wearing something of that style and look presentable. It's not like you have a talk or anything. I don't think jehovah is somewhere going, 'oh you can't serve me because you're decked out like Hilary Clinton', I'd think he'd be more concerned that you even showed up." Deaf ears, anyway, she says she's gonna find some info on appropriate dress for different times and I asked her to show me where specifically in the bible does it say that god detests a woman serving him in a pantsuit. I shouldn't hold my breath should I? Of course this is something the dubs made up and she'll present nothing. I mean I could've blasted her and said technically everyone at the hall is supposed to be newborn naked as clothes were/are an invention of man. But THAT would've been too deep. Oh and get this: Today there was a story on the radio about a guy who was mowing his lawn and his cell rung. He answered it, talked, then put it in his front pocket. Moments later he hears a loud BANG! and feels a jolt. He had been shot but the cell phone kept the bullet from entering him. He said he thinks this is god's way of telling him to keep his phone in his front pocket. Now, my aunt who was in the car goes "Yeah right" as if to say "sure, god cares where you put your cell phone". But this is the SAME EXACT LADY who thinks god cares about what type of formal attire she wears to the Kingdumb Hall. Something is horribly wrong with this photo yeah?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Whatever biblical "evidence" you are given as to why she must wear a dress to the KH, ask her why then she doesn't wear a veil? The same Bible says women should have their heads covered. She can't pick and choose. She shouldn't be going into God's house without a veil on her head.

StAnn

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ooops Vachi8... she'll come back at you with this scripture, so be ready freddy:

(NKJV) Deuteronomy 22:5 -- "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so [are] an abomination to the LORD your God.:

From the WT's NWT Bible: "No garb of an able-bodied man should be put upon a woman, neither should an able-bodied man wear the mantle of a woman; for anybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah your God."

------------

The WT mostly uses OT verses to brainwash JWs, but if she realized Christians who are IN CHRIST have FREEDOM of conscience in these "light weight matters," she would realize it is OK to wear a pantsuit.

Galatians 5:1 -- :It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."

Try that last scripture on her and see if it helps.
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

PS: OK in God's eyes... now as for the elders, that's another matter... and that's who she has to submit to in the KH... their ideas and interpretations... not to mention the fact everybody else will stare at her and talk about her for wearing pants as that is a "no no" in JW land...

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Lol, now now Ann. You do know that "I'm going to find some info" is just another way of saying *Click! Click* S--t gotta reload!

• oompa
    oompa

please make it stop!....pants and beards and ties..oh my..........oompa

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Of course if that story about the man and his cell phone had been told at the kingdom hall and involved a brother, then it would have been clear that it was all Jehovah's doing.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

So what would happen if you took a guy from Scotland and brought him over here and some girl from here and put her over there? It's all a matter of perception. There are no "girl" colors even though a number of people would say "pink or purple is for girls". Anyway, saying that she's gonna get info just means I stumped her. I never denied that different outfits are attributed to different circumstances, but we aren't talking fighting fires or handling plutonium. This is pure-T planting ass in a chair for 2 hours and being the biggest group of yes-men since bobbleheads.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Bible only says that people should dress modestly while at their places of worship. And well-arranged (meaning not excessively sloppy). This means that people at the boasting sessions should dress so as not to offend others (and that doesn't mean offending others with pre-conceived ideas of how to oppress people).

As I see it, one should not intentionally obscure the human figure with clothing that is designed to genericize features. I think it equally offensive to have all those features hidden totally with dresses that hide them, veils, and the like as it would be to be totally naked. A dress should be reasonable, but it is nice to see the features (at least the outline) that were put there for a reason. As long as the private parts are not readily available and you cannot readily see the undergarments, I do not have a big issue (and even if they were visible, it is not the huge issue that the Washtowel makes it look like).

And pants are perfectly acceptable. Just because you can see the outline of the butt doesn't make it immodest--it is more like showing the figure. Which makes more sense than trying to hide it (and if someone is truly too fat, that should be an incentive to get more exercise instead of going in field circus to improve that figure).

I never did see what's the big deal about hiding the anatomy in the first place.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

In Jesus' day, the men wore skirts/dresses/robes, not that different from the women's attire. Tell her that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit