Palin gives interview with turkey slaughter as her backdrop

by LDH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Is that machine like a wood-chipper but for turkeys??

Is it being fed in with its head and feathers and everything??

-K

• watson
    watson

Kudra, do your really want to know?

• Dagney
    Dagney

You know, I really don't have any more words than what has been said here already.

But boy do I have a big smile on my face.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes, I do want to know- it's a foreign world to me! Do folks just casually hang around while turkeys get chipped?

-K

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    From bright lights big city, to .............this.

Oh, the humanity! Oh, the irony! From the glamour of fancy hotels and department stores and appearances on television, the conventions and rallies and the white-hot spotlight - to a turkey slaughterhouse?

She called her campaign team members "jerks" when they poked fun at her, so she's probably fuming about the public reaction to this clip right now.

She has a barely concealed temper (she nearly unloaded on Couric and Gibson for asking her "annoying" questions) and I predict that someday she is going to go ballistic on-camera. And then it really is all over. (Remember Howard Dean's victory yell? Political careers can end in a nano-second.)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palinopsia

"Palinopsia (Greek: palin for "again" and opsia for "seeing") is a visual disturbance that causes images to persist to some extent even after their corresponding stimulus has left. These images are known as afterimages and occur in persons with normal vision. However, a person with palinopsia experiences them to a significantly greater degree, to the point where they become difficult or impossible to ignore. This often results in mild to severe anxiety and/or depression."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Technically the place was a farm and not a slaughterhouse:

http://www.alaskatripled.com/index.html

But I guess she just so happened to pick the slaughtering spot on the farm. The most hilarious part was when the reporter asked Palin: "Do you see putting any state programs being put on the chopping block?"

• snowbird
    snowbird

Leo, was that intentional?

LOL.

Sylvia

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh... my... I absolutely cannot believe this. I agree, LDH... you just can't make this stuff up. For heaven's sake, look at the BLOOD!!!

I definitely think it was intentional on the news caster's part... but why wasn't Sarah savvy enough to suggest another backdrrr... oh what am I saying. Never mind.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If turkeys are slaughtered near you, and you are able to ignore
    it happening and even be oblivious to it,

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit