Palin gives interview with turkey slaughter as her backdrop

by LDH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

What is he doing to kill it? I can't tell.

I think she is on drugs.

• Warlock
    Warlock

And msnbc not only kept the cameras rolling, but they tried to "clean it up"?

Oh, that's right, they cleaned it up for "the chilllllllllllllldren".

Warlock

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

That was funny, in a it really shouldn't be funny way.

God I thought we were done with her.

• Emma
    Emma

I think they slit a jugular and let it bleed out.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"She should tell the media that she apologizes and she'll do her next interview inside an abortion clinic."

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Emma I think they slit a jugular and let it bleed out.

Umm, yeeah...the jugular usually slits along with the neck as the axe passes thru... ...and yes, it is extremely bloody for about a minute. It was one of my unpleasant jobs growing up. Signed, ExJW, ExTurkey murderer, yours truly ~ Rabbit

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I feel sorry for her....the reporter/Cameraman cant believe their luck.......she was there to pardon a Turkey.....how dumb ass is the guy who continued killing on camera.....what a jack ass hillbilly "Kletis the slack jawed yokel."

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's one person's take on it...

I'm afraid you and everyone who sees things the same way as you do are completely missing the point about this story. You may be doing so deliberately, because you're a very bright guy. But you surely have a responsibility to your more doltish readers.

The point isn't that turkeys shouldn't be slaughtered, or that it's somehow news that they are, or that Palin ought to have been more delicate for the sake of the frigging turkeys.

The point is that it's unbelievably ill-judged to stand in front of something that is more interesting than you are when giving a TV interview. That, my friend, is the joke. It would have been funny whichever pol stood there. That and the sheer, apolitical comedy of those images. Get it? Course you do.

That first principle is particularly important when you have nothing, nothing whatsoever, of any interest to say. Although maybe the opposite applies - at least we had something to look at whilst SP dispensed the usual stream of incoherent platitudes which presumably you hear as folksy wisdom of the hills. I mean, do you really? God help us. Or you.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Palinospia? Ha!

Maybe one of the turkeys was named Putin. That's what he gets for rearing his head over Alaska.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Its just too perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit