Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Protection ? Not. Check this Out !

by flipper 83 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mouthy
    mouthy

Very stupid 77 ..... Take your time love .the working you are doing from the inside is probably better than from outside. Just dont read reniaa's post's ...I think she wants to cause us to get mad.
    She has raised my blood peressure on more than one occasion..

She is truly a JW dont matter what she says. But remember she is allowed to lie. I hope she reads the Dec 15 issue & take advice from their god & leaves the room ( ours)

I happen to know that "peds"come across as loving caring men. No one suspect them of naughty stuff

I loved one!!!!

• hotspur
    hotspur

reniaa --- WTH are you on? Where are you? Not the same planet I'm on that's for sure!

I used to read your posts with interest, appreciating you were going through a tough patch - but now? What gives?

I've seen people give you the benefit of any doubt but now you've shown yourself to be out of touch with all rational thought. Proof, if any were needed.....

Quote- "Do you know in england pretend santa's in shops are ......etc,"

Do I suppose from this matter of fact statement it's ok in England for the real Santa to sit little kids on his knee?

Sorry to bring so much levity to such a serious subject but hey, this really shows that sanity really has finally left reniaa! She's not even supposed to believe in Santa - let alone discuss whether kids should sit on his knee!

• besty
    besty
    " The Bible teaches that individuals can repent of their sins and " turn to God by doing works that befit repentance , " and we acept what the Bible says.

For as long as the WTS confuse crime with sin, they will never get the correct procedures in place.

It must be difficult trying to run a Judeo-Christian cult and comply with modern laws.

• flipper
    flipper

MOUTHY- I too feel Very Stupid 77 is doing a great job fighting child abuse from within the organization. I'm so sorry you were in love with one of those sick puppies. Were you married to him ?

HOTSPUR- I've always thought it was weird for Santa's to sit little girls on their lap anyway. It's even stranger that Reiaa talks about it being a witness.

BESTY- Very true. The WT society does confuse crime with sins constantly. It's one reason , among many they are thoroughly messed up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i too have a problem with the legal issues.

if someone confesses to the elders that he has committed a murder... then even if he is genuinely sorry then he would still be expected to go to the police and confess and face the consequences..in fact this would be seen as evidence of his contrition.

so it is my belief that the same would be true of someone confessing to or found guilty of child abuse. they ought to inform the authorities, whether or not this is a legal requirement.

if after serving whatever legal and organizational penalty is imposed, the abuser returns to the congregation then i think the congregation should be informed of his wrongdoing and he must accept whatever treatment the congregation members individually decide to give him. it used to be a instruction to all 'aids' sufferers that they inform everyone and accept whatever treatment is given. i see no good reason for child abusers to be treated differently. and if they move the congregation they go to should be informed too..and of course they should not be allowed to have contact with minors.

the point being made about the 15 and 16 year old is merely that legally (at least here in the uk) the 16 year old is a molester. he is of legal age. the 15 year old is not- whether or not he or she consented. but as has been noted this is a very different scenario to an older person abusing someone much younger. the point is that he would not neccesarily be unable to reach out for priveleges in the future even tho technically he is an abuser.

but all of these incidences depend on the accused being found guilty. even the case mentioned regarding the schoolteacher is based on the guilt of the person not the accusation. surely we can't just accept that in every case that a teacher, elder, priest, min servant, policeman, social worker, etc etc is accused then he must be guilty. because the easiest thing in the world is for someone who has a grudge against any person of authority to make an accusation of molestation in the full knowledge that even the hint of impropiety would be enough to strip them of their position.

interestingly the watchtower instructions demand that someone only has to be accused in order to require headquarters being informed. this is a strange requirement if there is no basis whatsoever that the accusation is true.

but i would ask ..flipper and all others that are so forthright on this subject ....what would be your solution? how would you handle such an accusation?

if a younger member of your family came to you completely out of the blue and informed you that she had been molested by another member of your family - someone that you liked and had the utmost respect for - what would you do?

(thru out my comment i have refered to the abuser as male and the victim as female. this has been purely for the sake of argument - i recognize that there have been female abusers and male victims)

• flipper
    flipper

TIJMKO- Very true - I agree with you that the Jehovah's Witnesses should inform the authorities immediately about a child abuser among them. Usually children do NOT make up stories of child abuse. Psychologists say that 99% of the time children are speaking the truth when reporting being sexually abused. It is a rare situation when a young person fabricates this ordeal. So the WT society if informed of an allegation that someone in their ranks has been molseted by another JW they have to look into it. Think about it - Most child abusers are going to deny they molested a child - even to their deathbed. You think anybody would easily admit to a crime like that ?

That's why if some younger one in my family came forward with allegations against another family member or person I used to know - I would have no reason not to believe them ! Look - the bottom line is more damage is done to young ones by burying and hiding this crime of child abuse than any " false " allegations put on somebody who might be exonerated later when all the facts come out. But a child lives with the psychological, emotional , and trust issues and damages the rest of their adult life ! If I was still a Jehovah's Witness and had been made aware of how serious this problem is in the WT organization - I would be doing what Very Stupid 77 ( the poster ) is doing and be exposing this to others inside the organization. The huge problem in the WT society is - not only have they hidden this problem to the public - but they have hidden it from their own rank and file members. And that needs to stop

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    That's why if some younger one in my family came forward with allegations against another family member or person I used to know - I would have no reason not to believe them !

so what would you do ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Flipper read your e-mail & answer me please

• flipper
    flipper

TIJKMO- If child abuse happened with one of my family members being victimized by another family member - I would confront them about it ; then report it to the police authorities. Clear enough ?

MOUTHY- I PMed you in regards to your PM , please read. Was working all night; just got home to respond

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    TIJKMO- If child abuse happened with one of my family members being victimized by another family member - I would confront them about it ; then report it to the police authorities. Clear enough ?

why would you confront them...surely the accusation is in itself sufficient to merit reporting to the authorities.?

or is it?

what if there was no evidence at all? what if the reporting of it was bound to affect your loved and respected family member in such a way as the accusation would stick and he would lose his job, his reputation, his family. you....and there was no evidence.

and what would you do if a 16 year old family member had consensual sex with a 15 year old. would you also report that to the authorities. because it is a crime and you be duty bound to in the full knowledge that his/her now being in the system is likely to affect every single future prospect he/she has even though you know that the action was not abuse but 'normal' teenage hormones.

no..i'm afraid it isn't clear enough.

it very rarely is in situations like this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit