Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Protection ? Not. Check this Out !

by flipper 83 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

reniaa

When I read you response I was so mad I could hardly see. I wrote a 20 page response to you. Then I thought clam down, all this woman wants is drama. You must have a very sad life. For all the others who read this thread eveything she has said is crazy I know for a fact that pedophiles can and do go door to door with maybe only their wife or some poor person who dose not have a clue what or who he is. So what good is that to the poor people who open their this this creep. Also the pedophile knows how to write so he can allways take good notes of where the cuite kid lives and call back latter. For reniaa to say that we are better procted than the RCC is garbage. This man touches kids right in front of the elders and nothing is done. All he is doing is just touching their amr what is that going to hurt. O wait that is called grooming. That ia what pedophiles also do.

Every parent has a right to know who a pedophile is and for the JW's to not informe the parent, IT IS A CRIME.

And reniaa you are just to be pitted you must have a very trouble soul and no life because all you do is try to cause drama. What kind of life is that??????

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Sorry about my the word I spelled wrong. But also as far a going in service in pairs durning the tact campain everyone worked by themselves. And this creep looooves service. So much for you saying we are better than the RCC because we only work in pairs that is just crazy talk. It must be nice to live in you glass house reniaa

• Quandry
    Quandry

Here's the point I tried to make with my ex-sil about my niece, who was molested, when she was angry that children's services got involved:

It doesn't bring reproach upon Jehovah when someone molests a child. It only brings reproach upon the person who did the molesting. It brings reproach upon Jehovah when the Dubs try to cover up the molestation, though.

Why can't the Dubs understand this very simple point?

Exactly....Certainly Jehovah is big enough to take care of himself......humans do not need to protect his name at the expense of children....the only protecting going on is the image of the WTB&TS....like whitewashed graves they want to appear beautiful to men......

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Flipper

Help me out I am too worked up no matter how much I tie to clam down. You have to answer reniaa. That kind of response is just crazy.

• wobble
    wobble

Reniaa does it again,no response to valid points ,just spoiling tactics to deflect attention from the glaring wickedness of WT's lack of a proper protection policy.

here in the uk voluntary organisations are properly equipped to deal with protecting the children in their care,should not "God's spirit directed organisation" (tm) be at least as good?

But it is NOT. There is no true supervision,no warning to parents,and no care for victims.

As to Reniaa's stupid argument "it didn't happen to me or my sisters" my family and I live next door to eachother,neither property has been burgled,but that dosn't mean it dosn't happen.

If Reniaa wants to help the WTBS she should write to them and tell them to get their act together.

Love

Wobble

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In the EU most countries have the age of consent for girls as 15, and gay sex as 15 or 16. ( The Netherlands controversially brought the age of consent down to 13, as long as the older party was not aged above 16)

So in Europe these cases would just be treated as fornication. Even if the older person is years and years older than the younger party.

The fact that a much older person, in most cases knows how to take advantage of a youngster does not even register on their theocrappic radar. It is obviously UNETHICAL (a word not in the witless wordbank)

The "Eeuw" factor is on the same level of University Professors sleeping with their first year students at BEST.

Another question - Jehoobie will disapprove a witless breaking the law on these things. Yet if I married a 15 year old girl in France (quite legal there) - would he condemn me as a child rapist if we went on our honeymoon to New York or London?

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ontheway -

We also need to bear in mind that the child is not allowed to testify to a JC with its parents holding its hand or to provide support.

They are in a room ALONE with three or more men in suits, facing the person who raped them. And the perpetrator often says it is the childs fault. (My uncle actually said "and if you tell ANYBODY I will let them know what a bad little boy you are, and YOU MADE me do those horrible things." that takes some getting over I can tell you.)

Is this what jesus would have done (stupid question - Jesus is not even in their equations)

This is why the law was changed so victims could testify over a video link - as the terror of seeing the perpetrator often caused the case to fold.

HB

• flipper
    flipper

JAMIE BOWERS- I totally agree with everything you say. The elders in the Gilbert Simental molestation case didn't testify until the judge passed a court order FORCING them to testify. So they were really " hostile " eyewitnesses in the case who didn't cooperate with the repoting laws on child abuse in California of their own inititiave . What do you wager that they we're told to " not testify " initially by the WT society legal department ? That's a wager I'd be willing to bet on - I'd get rich on that assertion.

ST. ANN- Wow. Thanks for the news link on the child abuse problem in the school system. So 2,500 teachers have been accused in the last 5 years, just in the United States ? Incredible. It shows what a chronic problem our society is really facing here. I truly believe what your husband said is true. Doesn't surprise me that there is a sexual predator in every school district.

RENIAA- It really is shallow minded of you on your part to think that just because YOU were not molested when younger- that this problem is not afflicting a sizeable number of other young people in the witness organization. To think that pairing off in the ministry will " protect " a child from a pedophile is very gullible on your part. Especially if the pedophile is working with another minor child in service . Do you really think the elders are responsible enough in the witness religion to inform families with children not to work in service with Brother Molester ?? No - Because the elders are more worried about the child molesters legal rights of " freedom to worship " and if restricted from service - possibly coming back against the WT society with a lawsuit because of alleged " prejudice " over the matter. And how it would appear in the media to the outside world.

Here is the deal - If the leaders of the WT society were really concerned about the safety of their children - they would make it MANDATORY that every act of child abuse get reported to police authorities and the abuser reported- no questions asked - and the elders would be instructed to call each family personally who has children to warn them of the pedophile's " child abusing " past ! It is TOTALLY irresponsible that elders in the Jehovah's Witnesses are not instructed to do this !

You mentioned Catholics - Look, at least the Pope met openly with child abuse victims when he came to visit the United States and admitted the truth that the Catholic Church was too negligent in times past and they had a problem. You cannot say that Jehovah's Witnesses have done the same. The WT society has done nothing but make excuses and deny they even HAD a problm with child abuse ; or they've tried to minimize it. Look at this quote in the NBC news release of November 28th, 2007 dealing with the child abuse settlement with the 16 witness victims. The WT society states : " During the last 100 years, only 11 elders have been sued for child abuse in 13 lawsuits filed in the United States. In 7 of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society were dismissed by the courts. " Does this sound like they are " minimizing " their responsibilities ? Precisely ! 11 elders is a sizeable number to be involved in child abuse ! And that's just the ones who got CAUGHT ! What about those who didn't ?

Reniaa- You are a JW apologist who is truly pathetic. Listen to what the poster VERY STUPID 77 wrote ! There are pedophiles right now in her congregation who touch children before and after meetings - in front of ELDERS ! And what do the elders do, knowing his history ? NOTHING ! If that's showing responsibility - you need new elders !

ZICO- Unfortunately I think Reniaa was serious.

VERY STUPID 77 - I appreciate and agree with your points. You have a pedophile in your congregation right now who is getting away with murder - so to speak, touching children, etc. You are to be commended for your efforts at exposing him ! It is a sick , brazen, and disgusting thing when a pedophile is so brazen to touch a child in public constantly - even in front of the elders in spite of the elders knowing his past !

I know you are working undercover to expose this situation - but some on the board here are not up to speed with what you are dealing with in this situation. You and I have talked on the phone- so I'm aware. Would you be willing to share this experience with others here - if not, I understand as you are fading from the witnesses right now. However it might help people like Reniaa who refuse to see this as an ongoing problem in the Jehovah's Witness organization. Let me know.

QUANDRY- Very true. The WT society is just looking out for their own reputation.

WOBBLE - Very true. Just because Reniaa didn't get molested as a teenager doesn't mean it doesn't happen a lot ! My current wife was never molested - however out of 2 former wives and 2 ex-girlfriends - 3 out of the 4 WERE molested as children or teenagers ! Reniaa is just sticking her head in the sand like an ostrich because she doesn't want to face the truth about the Jehovah's Witness organization ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In Britain, elders who did courses in handling child abuse so they could do the job properly were DELETED!!!!

An account of this is on JWD.

As for false accusations - most of us would be very hard pressed to turn to somebody we hardly know and tell them of our last CONSENTING sexual experience, let alone one we had been forced into. For a child this is even more so.

Either the accusation is true, or in a TINY number of cases it is a vicious attempt to damage somebody's reputation.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

FLIPPER - AHAHAHAHA

It makes me SOOO mad that the Witchtower says "in the last 100 years only 11 elders have been SUED for child abuse."

The weasel word here is SUED. That is a civil action, citizen v citizen for compensation.

Ask " how many baptised witnesses have been charged, tried and convicted in a court of law for child rape" and the answer is different in orders of magnitude.

The California out of court settlement and gagging order is more than half that number already.

And in WHAT COUNTRY did these mere 11 cases of child rape happen? The Moon???

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit