Are YOU a Better Person Now That You're Out of the Organization?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't know that I am really a better person, but I am certainly a more enlightened person about certain subjects.

I am more appreciative of my freedoms. It is hard to believe that many who live in a free country where people died for personal freedoms would willingly give their freedoms up. Of course, this doesn't happen over night but it does happen. It is like the frog in the pot being slowly boiled to death. It is wonderful to get back my mind and be free from judgmentalism and people who are not really my friends. To some degree, we are all judged in life - on our job, etc. but at least on your job you are being paid for it.

I got a first rate education on exploitation and how I will never allow this to happen to me. I learned how not to be gullible and to question everything because sad to say, people have an agenda.

LHG

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

I am in many ways the same, but I am more aware of the real world now and I am alot more "real"...and far less judgemental (i hope).

• shamus100
    shamus100

Much better.

I am better because now I'm comfortable in my own skin. When you're trying to be something that you're not, or something that is unattainable, you'll always be miserable.

Am I still a prick? Absolutely. I'm trying to be a nicer prick, though.

• willyloman
    willyloman

My wife says I am, so it must be true!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm a better person because I dont bother people with Bullshxt on saturday mornings and I dont spread lies and confusion.

• reniaa
    reniaa

were you expecting any different answers minimus?

• mouthy
    mouthy

reniaa you didnt even answer THAt question did you???

I may not be better ...but I am now happier even if I have lost all my loved ones,I am not so critical of others beliefs ,I will help anyone that seems to me to need the help they ask for, I can buy my clothes at the Missionary stores be they Salvation Army,or any other religious 2nd hand store. Because on Old age pension we do need to save our pennies encase we have to go in an expensive old age home. When I had my kids & was a JW we were not allowed to go into any religious stores to buy their clothes ,so my poor kids had to go to school with shabby clothes cos we couldnt afford to buy the new ones...So I may not be better But the God I love now ( or who loves me)sure guide's leads,& directs me so that my conscience doesnt bother me ,like it did if I didnt go out in service, like it did if didnt push the Watchtower beliefs down everyone I met throat.. Yes life is much happier OUT of bondage than IN bondage .Yes Free in Christ for me.......... is GREAT!

• reniaa
    reniaa

ok mouthy I was out of the Jws 10+ years I'm not a hypocrite I embraced the world and found the grass is not greener, you remain the same person but live by a different set of rules that come with their own consequences. I found the lack of spirituality my undoing in the end empty enjoyment, filling days with the next movie, the next video game the next night out always having to be bigger, better more explosive an unquencheable hunger.

Without faith your life become marked by small goals/acheivements to work towards each year, Money. food, holidays, ambitions, bars, education, love, sex. destroying wts lol all very effective in using up your time but they were never able to touch the deep need in me for more spiritual fulfillment, I crave God but I won't put up with the wrong God, I crave the chance to be more than we as humans can offer each other, transitory pleasures that are to swift in passing, I crave eternity.

I am not a better person out of the Jws I was the same person but I was empty!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am a more spiritual person now I am mentally free than I ever was in the 30+ years as a believing witness. To think that I thought "spirituality" could be quantified by how many hours a person spent knocking on people's doors whilst trying to avoid actually speaking to anyone! That or how many long winded answers you gave at the meeting. Yes, a desire for power over others and liking the sound of their own voice pretty much summed up most of the "spiritually mature" elders I've come across".

• Berean
    Berean

I am a better person now that I am out of the highly mind controlled environment. Not that I ever was big into judging others, but judging everyone was there in some form. The big thing that I see now in looking back is the hypocritical judging of everyone by those still following men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit