Are YOU a Better Person Now That You're Out of the Organization?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

I don’t think that I am a better person. I know that I am a more contented person. I feel good about myself and who I am. I no longer keep feeling inadequate because I am not doing enough. I like that I am more understanding of other people’s views on matters. I have become a lot less judgmental of others. Recognizing that life isn’t just black and white.

It has been mentioned in this thread that some have felt empty spiritually since their departure from the Society. I have found the opposite. I feel much closer to God now. My relationship with him is a personal one. It doesn’t go through a corporation. I feel a freedom of thought that I never had as a Witness.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I crave God but I won't put up with the wrong God,

No my dear Reniaa I dont blame you there .So if you will allow me to suggest how you can be met by the TRUE GOD!!! Get on your knees & ask the Creator of the Heavens & Earth..The Father ,the SON, & the HOLY SPIRIT to come into your life.... To guide ,lead & direct you from this day forth.

Pity you had to go out into the" world" when you left the watchtower ,I did also... but not into what you say you did, excitement!!!!....I was so distraught that the God Jehovah had kicked me out ,I wanted to die, but then some one told me what I am suggesting to you. I thought "what do I have to lose" so did it.... I have never been happier.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I was a better person out of the JWs than I was in...because I lost my arrogance and judgmental attitude oward others inherent in being a JW. I learned to live without fear. Then I became a better person when I became a Christian 3 years ago- I stopped living for me.

Sadly, many who leave the JW are still beleivers in the JW system...so their lives are empty and they do not become better people.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

The truth of the matter is this...In the days of the nation of Israel, no Jew could fully follow or bear the law. It was too much. There was no good Jew, so to speak. Jesus was needed. The same is the case today in WT-land. No witness can be a good witness in trying to follow the Watchtoweraic law. Reniaa, you make a terrible Jehovah's Witness. BUT you can make a GREAT Christian.

• mouthy
    mouthy

BUT you can make a GREAT Christian.

Amen to that

• free2think
    free2think

Yes definitely.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I am working on being a better person now that I am outside of the wt. I am usually content in whatever sitiuation I am in. I was fairly happy as a dub but when I started to find out all the lies we were told & started to look at the examples on the assembly programs they used. My eyes started to open and pull back the veil to reveal the real "truth." They didn't have it. Now I can be tolerant of all I meet without having to feel like I was superior to them. I have my weekends mostly free of bothering others at their homes with something most of them don't want to hear. It is refreshing to breathe the air of freedom from mind control, isn't it? Now, I really can concentrate on getting my life together without my mate. That is what I am really doing most of the time now.

Kit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit