Are YOU a Better Person Now That You're Out of the Organization?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They say that you're like a dog returning to its own vomit. Do you think that you're a better person now than you were as a Witness?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Absolutely 100 percent.

You couldn't make me go back even if you stuffed me into a genie bottle and promised me three wishes.

My life is complete with happiness and contentment now and God is taking very good care of me.

I know I never made a mistake in leaving and I have not one single regret.

The one thing I miss is my soul mate and that is really tough still but I know someday I will be able to deal with his passing but until that day happens I have his memories right inside my heart forever.

Orangefatcat.alt

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Most definately..

I no longer "Long suffering".... nor do I "Turn the other cheek"!

Snoozy...

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Are YOU a Better Person Now That You're Out of the Organization?

Hell, NO! I was a jerk then. I'm a jerk now! I'm just honest about it now.

(As JWD winds down, I've begun to become fond of our minimus. I never thought I would say that, but minimus does provide a lot of entertainment and a place for people to opine. That's a good thing.)

I'm still a jerk, though. And don't you forget it!

Farkel

• oompa
    oompa

i am not happier....i dont feel any better or worse....i am still just me....but i have always been a very non-judgemental dub...and now even more so a person...........oompa

• fern
    fern

I'm much happier and MUCH more open minded.......so yes, I'm a better person now.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, more educated, more open minded, more compassionate, more self aware, more loving, more mature and free from domestic violence.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I find myself accepting more of different belief systems (as long as they do not attempt to force or defraud someone into believing something wrong). And I no longer have the stress of the upcoming Christmas song season--which is already in progress in places, and will start everywhere the day after Thanksgiving.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

No longer self-loathing.

More accepting; non-judgemental.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Yes, I am a better person. I left when I was 18, 16 years ago. I learned about the JW org from this forum. I say this because I was born in, and just went along with it because my parents were devout. So, when I left, looking back, I struggled with life while trying to enjoy freedom at the same time. I was the same me, but younger and immature.

I am a better person now because of life's experiences, 10 years from now through experience, I think I will be even better. I still feel I am growing as person...

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit