Well, Well, Well Let's all welcome the Great Tribulation!!!!!!!!!

by unbaptized 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Just as long as Jehovah murders me at Armageddon.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

mrsjones5

Data Points: Latest U.S. Crime Statistics

Violent crime has decreased since 2006

Posted September 29, 2008
    • 1,408,337: Number of violent crimes reported nationwide in 2007
    • 0.7 percent : Decrease in estimated volume of violent crime compared to 2006
    • Source: FBI

http://www.usnews.com/articles/opinion/2008/09/29/data-points-latest-us-crime-statistics.html

Are you saying something good happenned in the last 8 years? Do you mean President Bush did something right?

• oompa
    oompa

I like how great that monetary incentive check that went out worke so well!...geeze it worked so well the wanna do another?!?!?!.........oompa

• Mary
    Mary
    Well it seems that $750 Billion Dollar bail out was a waste of time. It seems like companies are filing bankruptcy as fast as the market can recoup. The crime rate is about to go through the roof. Well I guess some people are going to disagree, but it sure looks to me like a Great! Great! Depression is on it's way.

The economic collapse in 1929 that resulted in the Great Depression ran parallel with a really horrific lengthy drought which coined the phrase "the dirty '30s". On the heels of that came the rise of Hitler where an entire race was nearly wiped off the face of the earth through genocide. The Witnesses had been preaching for decades, it still fit in with "the generation of 1914", you had world war, famine, disease, nation rising against nation and kingdom against kingdom, there were food shortages (food rationing)....hell, you even had an Antichrist 'attempting to change times and laws'---Hitler. All the signs were there, but Armageddon never showed up. What makes you think it's going to show up this time?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Exactly Mary. The Great Tribulation is supposed to be a combination of ALL the signs and unlike ANYTHING mankind has experienced before.

Um..Id say todays problems (which CNN has made us all globally aware of instantly) dont hold a candle to the first 45 years of the last century in terms of death and termoil and economic crisis.

But SOME people sure would be HAPPY if God destroyed the world and we ALL know who THOSE people are.

When it does happen...I hope their asses are FIRST in line.

• yknot
    yknot

cough cough coporate welfare cough cough corporate fleecing of Americans cough cough

Would have been more effective to give that cash out to taxpayers to pay off the loans. That way there would have been some circular benefit to all the debt we are taking on as taxpayers.

As far as I can tell it is just a free for all over some gooberment money!.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You want a great tribulation? Send a dozen lactose intolerent guys to Dairy Queen for banana splits. Don't forget your gas mask.

W

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The Great Tribulation unfortunately has been going on since bible times , everything mentioned as the signs actually occurred back then right through

the middle ages, right until are modern era. How would the idiot who wrote those words know what things like that were if he didn't see them or hear of them.... ummm

The uneducated writers of the WTS. who haven't thoroughly studied human history to any extent probably wouldn't be aware of that fact.

Ignorance at times can greet you with a smile at times, so be aware.

• steve2
    steve2

I pity God: "His" existence always depends on the state of the world: If it looks like some feared-event is increasing, alarm bells are raised, God "exists" again and people fearfully file back into their respective churches. If it looks like some feared-event isn't imminently increasing, alarm bells quieten, God no longer exists, people dribble out of their respective churches and into the sunshine.

My grandparents played this game, as did the next few generations after them. God's existence gets so much manipulative mileage out of the newest range of emerging feared-events. Oh, for the sunshine to prevail in vulnerable people's minds!

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's pretty sad that people have to scream "Tribulation!" everytime there's a crisis.

High gas prices? TRIBULATION!

Stock market slump? TRIBULATION!

Earthquake in California? TRIBULATION!

President Obama? TRIBULATION!

Johnny spilled his milk? TRIBU ... oh, wait ... maybe not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit