Deceptive or just wrong?

by johnnyc 193 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Again, the two teams, Us vs. Them mentality.

I'm arguing in favor of Religious Freedom, ala The First Amendment.

If freedom of speech and freedom of religion are equal to "The Dark Side" in your book, I'm unable to understand your point of view.

• megs
    megs

Speaking as a never-been-a-dub... If you have been grievously hurt by someone or something, and you feel you have been lied to and deceived, it is natural to attack and condemn that which caused you this anguish... You are quite right in saying that a lot of people are quite vociforous in their condemnation of the WTS, but I think the intent is honourable. I think that the intent of an active JW preaching door to door is usually just as honourable... It's a matter of perspective really. Those inside condemn those outside and vice-versa. Who is right? I believe that the folks here have more of the "truth"; the information they access is no longer controlled by the WTS, and most have learned how to think critically instead of blindly following the lead of the WTS.

• Mary
    Mary

You know, have any of you stopped to look in the mirror? I mean really, you may have left the JW organization, but do you realize that all you really have done is "changed sides"...? You attack the WTBTS for acting and teaching and arguing a certain way, but do you ever look at the way you now argue for the "dark side". YOU DO SO the same exact way! I get done arguing with my mother about the "truth", and I come here to argue the "flip" position, and I get the same sort of responses - read this book, read this scripture....all with the same sort of dogmatic viewpoints a witnesses has - just in reverse. You probably would like to think that you have all become so intellectually wise and understanding of people - but don't kid yourselves - you haven't changed(with certain exception of ones who have been sincere). You simply are on another team, but with the same tactics and argument sense you had as a witness. You condemn the very thing you are.
    Hardly. As a Witness, you can make just about any claim imaginable with absolutely nothing to back it up. You learn quickly on here that if you make a claim, you better have something to back it up with or you're going to having people demanding proof of your assertations, and not just wild suppositions. Kind of like what you're doing johnny. You're defending the Organization, attacking Ray Franz, the "prince of apostates" claiming he was really bad mouthing the Organization which means that all the suspicions the GB members had about him were correct. You completely ignore all the facts that Ray brought out (typical of a Witness) and basically put it all down to him being a bad apple. I'm starting to question your claims that you were disfellowshipped johnnyc. You attempted to remain neutral at the beginning of your posts but that quickly changed to where now all you're doing is defending the Organization and bashing anyone who disagrees with them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

meg,

You make some good points.

A person can make it as easy or as complicated as they'd like.

Me, I left the baby killers. It's that simple.

If you belong to any group that tells you to kill your child or carry a Suicide Card, get worried. Really worried.

I've helped two people to leave the baby killers. If I can help more, that would be great.

-LWT

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You attempted to remain neutral at the beginning of your posts but that quickly changed to where now all you're doing is defending the Organization and bashing anyone who disagrees with them.

Hmm, kind of like Reniaa. And Reniaa has been missing in action the last few days.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wow:

Aliasreniaa

(((((((Since 11-Mar-08 09:09))))))) Mar 11, 2008
    Posts692

Average 2.75 Posts per day

See Post History of this member

See Topic History of this member
    BiographyEx-jw exploring life and asking questions again :) now I'm older, i'm trying to look at everything from a fresh perspective. I like Reading, Art, computing (sometimes)and talking to interesting people. Thinking of becoming a witness again and be warned my questioning posts reflect this.

Johnnyc's joining date: Since 08-Mar-08 21:01

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa last posted 11/10....Johnnyc posted in Sept and Oct sporadically then came in on 11/11 and has been posting since...his 11/11 comments sounded a bit Reniaaish

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

isaacaustin: WHAT??? When did I EVER say that Jonah or the Apostles falsely prophesied???? This just baits me into another word fight - but here i go again - false and wrong are different words.

False: 1. uttering or declaring what is untrue: a false witness.
    2. not faithful or loyal; treacherous: a false friend.
    3. tending to deceive or mislead; deceptive: a false impression.
    4. not genuine; counterfeit.

Wrong 1. deviating from fact; erroneous
    (wrong can be adjective, verb, or noun - this is adjective)

The Apostles were not factual when they thought and believed/taught the end would come in their lifetime. They made a mistake.

Jonah was not factual when he said Nineveh would be destroyed - since it Nineveh was not destroyed. Jonah did not say "repent or be destroyed", he said the City WOULD be destroyed. Nor did he say "God said" the City would be destroyed - he said it would be. Though he did not make a mistake in this statement, as God changed his mind - but Jonah was not pleased with how it all went at first. You know what it says - believe what you want. I was simply making a reference to how not EVERYTHING said by a channel of God happens exactly how it is pronounced. What if God decided not to bring the END in 1975 after considering all the people who would join the WT thereafter??? I am not being serious in that argument (so don't bother refuting me), but I will say that we don't know everything there is to know. "The person who knows he knows nothing, knows more than one who knows everything"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Johnnyc posted 11/2..Reniaa 11/6, 11/7, 11/8

LOL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

An apostle having a misunderstanding/question is not on par with publishing millions of pieces of literature, filled with lies.

Why can't JWs understand this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit