Deceptive or just wrong?

by johnnyc 193 Replies latest jw experiences

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

isaacaustin: Well through your own words you have highlighted the issue. If Franz talks against the WTBTS you categorize it as "his experience". He makes comments about regret for helping people become JWs due to the nature of JW's acting as mediator for Christ. He makes comments about how they interpret scripture incorrectly, how there organizational structure is more important to the WTBTS than actual truth.....from a JW perspective, that is attacking the WT. You guys like to dance with words a bunch.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When you're in a cult, everything is black and white. This allows cult members to live their lives without thinking. They even TOLD which matters are up to their conscience. How ironic.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Johnnyc...please read...

Hbr 8:6But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hbr 8:7For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hbr 8:8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hbr 8:9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Hbr 8:10For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hbr 8:11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hbr 8:12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hbr 8:13In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

see verse 11.

No, Jesus never said the law was bad...he said he would fulfil it...and leave us under the law of love. Peter described it as something none of them could bare. Paul described it as something Jesus nailed to the cross (stake if you prefer).

We are not under these stacks of laws that the WT has imposed on its members. Jesus did not free us from the law of Moses to have us go under the Law of the WT.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

isaacaustin: Well through your own words you have highlighted the issue. If Franz talks against the WTBTS you categorize it as "his experience". He makes comments about regret for helping people become JWs due to the nature of JW's acting as mediator for Christ. He makes comments about how they interpret scripture incorrectly, how there organizational structure is more important to the WTBTS than actual truth.....from a JW perspective, that is attacking the WT. You guys like to dance with words a bunch. He talks of his experience and backs it up. Yes, it is not to the benefit of the WT, so call it against if you like. He does it without bitterness or assertion. The WT is far guiltier of talking against other religions...while they are guilty of the same exact things they try to lambast others for it (hmm I seem to remember some sort of sex abuse scandal 5/07 where 12.5 million was paid out).

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You guys like to dance with words a bunch.

Hmm, let me see. The Wt denoucing others is speaking the truth (regardless of the truth or lack thereof of the comments made)....while anyone speaking against the WT (regardless of how true) is apostasy. That would be called a double standard as well as dancing with words.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    from a JW perspective, that is attacking the WT.

Cults view any form of criticism or dissent as an attack. This is very common. Cults promote a distinct, Us vs. Them mentality. Anything outside of the cult is "Them", and is considered the enemy.

In an authoritarian religions, blind devotion is required. Leadership cannot be questioned, no matter how legitmate the dissent may be.

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

isaacaustin: The law of love is a law. It even has subparts - Love God, Love your neighbor, Love your enemy, etc etc. Jesus did not fulfill LAW, he fulfilled THE LAW - the MOSAIC LAW. Why are we even having this debate, since I can't see where we are in great conflict. Do you believe in law??? If yes, then we are done.

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

leavingwt: No you are wrong. I a very open to other ideas actually. Its just boneheads on this forum want to argue every possible aspect of every possible meaning of every possible word. If you get that I am arguing these points on my own then you are much more blind than I - and apparently it is I who cannot help you. Go sell crazy somewhere else -

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The JW cult believes in a list of hundred (if not thousands) of DO's and DON'Ts. They have replaced the Mosaic Law with Watchtower Law. They bind up the consciences of their people, just like the Pharisees did in Jesus' day.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I sold "crazy" for 23 years, as a JW. I'm done with crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit