Bethel Australia 2 couples go on holidays and swaped partners - True!!?

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Nothing suprises me anymore. Before my parent we JWs they had friends who did this , they would all put their car and keys in a bowl or hat and who picked out keys that is who they went home with. My parents claimed they never particiapated in this game.

So its not hard to believe witnesses do it too. There is as much sexual misconduct in the organization as there is outside the witnesses. Witnesses just are good at being sneaky about it and hope they don't get caught.

I am not saying this is the norm among witnesses but it does happen a lot.

orangefatcat.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You don't have to look very far to find adultery within the JWS, my last congregation that I attended had the PO

messing around with one of the younger sisters, his wife got very heavy after having 3 children and may have lost interest

in sex all together she seemed to be the type. He on the other hand was in his early 40's and liked the pretty girls which at the time were quite

a few since we were quite a large congregation of up to 200. The sad part of it all was how it effected the family , they were once the shinning example

of the entire congregation only to be so upset and embarrassed by the whole thing they eventually packed up and left town,

his son was my best friend throughout my childhood. Never heard from the family again after that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

nothing new under the sun. I remember two congrewgations being disbanded about 20 years ago for wife swapping rings

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I know most of the witnesses that got married in the 70's when I did have gotten divorced and are on their 3rd marriage.

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Put people together in a virtual intellectual, emotionless vacuum and what do you expect! This has been going on forever. I remember when I first came into the org. and one of the elders who had recently got divorced started spending every free moment he had with me and my hubby and 2 kids. I was young and he was lonely. He eventually told me that he would love to take it to something more than friendship, but we both did not, thank heavens. Can't even remember what I could have possibly found attractive about him. I think I was just naive and flattered.

But I was given the label of "flirt", because I always complimented the brothers on how nice their tie or suit was. I even got a little "counseling" while skating with an elder at the local skating rink (we were doing one of those congregation things) and he told me that I should watch what I say to the brothers because they had talked about me. Dang, guess nobody knew how to take a compliment back then...or maybe I was totally smoking hot and I just never knew it.......Yeah, that's the ticket!!!

• FairMind
    FairMind

I am not saying this is the norm among witnesses but it does happen a lot.

What's a lot? Is it as often as happens in other religons? As often as society in general? Is it 10% of the JWs, 5% less than 1%. Your statement seems pretty definate so I would imagine you have the figures to support it.

• ninja
    ninja

for "bethel" read "brothel"

• ninja
    ninja

fairmind....some of the sisters have the "figures" to prove it

• Gregor
    Gregor

Some congregations consider it serious enough to prepare a local needs part on the service meeting addressing the problem. They are asking all members who have a spa, hot-tub or swimming pools to please keep their swim suits on.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

ninja's figures win this thread. no further comments are required

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit