I Caused a Complete Seen at the Bookstudy Tonight...

by cognac 59 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

When I was pregnant with my daughter, we went to the bookstudy and found out that one of the kids who lived in the house where the study was conducted had chicken pox. No one said anything until the study was over and someone asked where the child was. He's in bed with chicken pox we were told at that point. Too late... I was already exposed... Nice. Luckily my daughter wasn't effected...

Good for you standing up for yourself and your baby!

Coffee

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A scene can be seen but a seen cannot be a scene.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Congrats on the baby.

I say giv'm hell every chance you get! Way to go.

• LDH
    LDH

I'm agreeing with sKally, Minimus, LouBelle and Winged Commader here.

St Ann your children are in a different situation and I could certainly understand not compromising the health of medically fragile children.

For Cognac, you're completely wrong on several levels. Number one, medically. The immune system of a healthy woman is not compromised merely by being pregnant. Here's just ONE article about that:

In particular, if the mother's immune system were suppressed during pregnancy, every pregnant woman infected with HIV would die of AIDS, and that is not the case. In places where the disease is pandemic, such as Africa, women do not die of AIDS during pregnancy; in fact, the opposite is the case--HIV is less likely to develop into full-blown AIDS during pregnancy. The immune forces that the trophoblast has called to its aid keep the virus at bay.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1134/is_4_116/ai_n19187208/pg_3

Number two, socially. No one forced you to go to that meeting. You went voluntarily knowing that in cold and flu season you may be exposed to more germs.

Number three, spiritually. Exposing your brain to that pabulum is weakening your ability to process and relate cogent thoughts, and this thread is an example of that.

I feel sorry for the children that got chicken pox because their dumbass parents didn't get them vaccinated against it. It's not their fault their parents are paranoid and think vaccines are full of pus.

The Golden Age 1921 Oct 12 p.17

Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice... Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccination.

• White Dove
    White Dove

What about elderly people who depend on the meetings for their only social interactions? Hmm? Do you really want to go sick and expose them to your airborn snot? Do you really want them to die lonely? Hmm?

Cognac, You did old people and others of poor immune systems a favor. More work is missed because people insist on showing up sick.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am ashamed to say, the only good part about being sick , was not having to go to the meeting. I never thought it was healthy for little kids to be in a crowd, not feeling good and up pass their bedtime. But I used to notice that people would come sick or with sick kids like it was a badge of honor or something.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Going to meeting and spreading your sickness is definitly not the "Loving" thing to do! Even bean-counter elders should know that more sick people=less total hours in the field misery. I aways thought I was doing a good thing by staying home and not sharing my germs. And it felt so good to be home "guilt free" for a change.

• bisous
    bisous

god, I loves me some sKally.

That made it worth coming over for a look/see today.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

COGNAC, Good for YOU!!!! I remember going to one of my last meetings and walking in and getting hit with an ABSOLUTE WAVE of perfume! I am HIGHLY ALLERGIC to strong perfume. Well, I stayed for maybe a half an hour, but, then said to my mother "there is NO reason for me to sit here being miserable, and not even being able to concentrate or breath" and I left. I have always felt it is totally unfair and idiotic for anyone to come to a meeting OR to work sick. Why spread your germs to others? I'm glad you made a scene. Maybe if more did, people would THINK.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Cognac - I agree you must be protective of your baby, but you can't live in a bubble and neither do other people. There are germs in your home, as soon as you step out of the door - but to call someone an asshole just because he wanted to go to the meeting sick, and to make a scene about it *shrug* That's his issue. If you're that concerned about germs - stay indoors.

Witness 007: jesus you must be special.

St.Anne: Well then that is different - your children will be more susceptible to the germs/bugs going around, and keeping a close eye is called for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit