I Caused a Complete Seen at the Bookstudy Tonight...

by cognac 59 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

But he is putting Jehovah first.

:lol:

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

good for you. pregnant or not ( but especially because). I've never looked at it that way, (but of course who was allowed to think) it is very selfish to put other people at risk like that, some people can't afford to miss work/take care of kids. poor bastard so indoctrinated he has to feel guilty about being sick. maybe now he will think twice before making an appearance. i wonder if he went to work like that?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Good for you. Baby's more important than anyone else's feelings.

I used to always say I was sick just so I could miss the meeting or go upstairs to the back room and sleep on the couch.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brava!

~hands clapping~

• redredrose
    redredrose

I applaud you standing up for yourself. Making a show of their righteousness is much more important than showing concern for your brothers and sisters. At one of the last meetings we attended a brother sat right behind us and hacked and honked throughout. Afterwards he greeted us and put his hand out to my husband who merely looked at it and said "Thats quite an ugly cough you've got there isn't it?" The brother dropped his hand and hemmed and hawed and got the hell out of Dodge. One more reason to view us as dangerous freaks I suppose.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I once reamed out an elder in front of the BS because he and his family always came to the meetings sick - and they were almost always sick. They'd cough and hork all over their hands, and then they'd come over to talk - and they couldn't talk without putting their germ ridden hands all over you. The BS was in my mom's house, so she couldn't escape from their germs. Her immune system was also poor because she was on chemo. The elder and his family were assigned to a different BS soon after my blowout.

If I showed up for school in the 2nd grade with a fever I got sent home with a note to my parents. If I go to work sick I will get sent home. That's what sick pay is for. JWs have no common sense at all.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

praise Jah - for wonderful people who always make it to all the meetings - even when they are sick - and for all the love they show donating free all their germs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Betterdaze,

That sounds like what I got in 2005. It was the worst and longest I've ever been sick: 2 months. I had to quit school just to be sick at home.

I'm in Dover, DE by the way, so if you are going to be down my way let me know and we could meet:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit