Make Your Prediction:The Next President---- McCain or Obama???

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Well, my prediction was WAY off. Show's how much I know!! It is nice to witness something that our Children/Grandchildren will read about in the history books.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's awesome that a self-made person, not from Old Money, the son of an immigrant, can be elected Leader of the Free World, under our system. I sure wish his grandmother could have lived to see him win and give his acceptance speech.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Ya, it's also nice that my children and others are witnessing history now.

Tell me about it. My 18-year old g'daughter is so proud that she got to vote for the first time. She's prouder that she had a part in electing a Black man to the presidency.

Earlier this am, I went to a store where there is complimentary coffee. I bought a paper and filled my cup. There were only a few Blacks in the store, but as we looked at each other, our eyes told the story. One lady gave me a thumbs up and a wink.

This is a great day!

Sylvia

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I remember when Tony Blair was elected, the joy that people had after years of corrupt Tory goverment and the hope for a new beginning. Turns out he was just as self serving as the rest of them. I sincerely hope Obama is different but I doubt that very much. Don't forget these people who aspire to take up governance are the exact same sociopathic types that make up the governing body. We all know what pain and suffering they have caused people. It goes with the territory. On a positive note at least you now have a president in the white house that has the mental capacity above a five year old.

Just my.02

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    at least you now have a president in the white house that has the mental capacity above a five year old

my thoughts exactly.

• minimus
    minimus

How's BTS doing?

• beksbks
    beksbks

No sign of our buddy Burn this morning. He wasn't too happy when I last saw him in chat last night. I do believe he may have been drinking.

• caliber
    caliber

Rather than Obama" being toast" he is making a "toast" ! (toast isn't being eaten.... is only crow ! ) ..LOL

Cal

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I really thought Ralph Nader would pull it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit