I'm so sick of some JWs...

by cognac 29 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Conac,

Nice to see you here again.

It's all about boundaries. Get some real friends out of the cult - be too busy. Live your life happy. Recognize, accept, and stick to your boundaries completely. Decide exactly where in your life everyone belongs, and keep them there. It doesn't mean cutting them off - it means limiting your conversations with them.

Get living your own life! It's right here, waiting for you. They're nonsense will slowly fall away. Don't let them bring you down - you're better than them.

• cognac
    cognac
    Your sister should do what other JW wives that really wants kids do, "accidentally" get pregnant.

lol, that would be funny...

It's all about boundaries. Get some real friends out of the cult - be too busy. Live your life happy. Recognize, accept, and stick to your boundaries completely. Decide exactly where in your life everyone belongs, and keep them there. It doesn't mean cutting them off - it means limiting your conversations with them.

Get living your own life! It's right here, waiting for you. They're nonsense will slowly fall away. Don't let them bring you down - you're better than them.

Thanks Shamus! That's really good advice. It really made me feel better...

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The WTS was telling people back in the 1940s not to have babies because Armageddon was so close. I have reminded my mother of that a couple times and asked why she didn't do what the Society told her to do and not have babies. She blames it all on my father.

They now have 10 grandkids and 7 great-grandkids and 2 more on the way. Will probably be great-great-grandkids before long.

Maybe you could hint to your sister she could 'forget' to take her pills or something.

Congratulations on the baby. (My grandbaby is due April 10.)

• cognac
    cognac
    The WTS was telling people back in the 1940s not to have babies because Armageddon was so close.

Yeah, I told her that they were doing the same thing in the 70s when they said the big A was coming in 75.

Maybe you could hint to your sister she could 'forget' to take her pills or something.

Honestly, with him as a Dad, that would be a very bad idea. He has to get himself out of the mess that he's created first. Not that he's going to do that anytime soon because he seems to just keep digging himself in deeper.

Congratulations on the baby. (My grandbaby is due April 10.)

Thanks, congrats to you also! Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My BIL didn't want children. He and my sister have been married for 18 years now, and it's been so close to Armageddon that entire time. The only thing my sister has ever wanted is children, and she didn't think she had to wait long. Now she's 38, she's just been through chemo and she only has one ovary. In her head, if this cancer kills her she never will have children, because the resurrected 'are like angels'. Even outside her head the chances are pretty slim now.

She was never told to consider the possibility of dying before Armageddon and therefore losing your chance at breeding.

• cognac
    cognac

My BIL didn't want children. He and my sister have been married for 18 years now, and it's been so close to Armageddon that entire time. The only thing my sister has ever wanted is children, and she didn't think she had to wait long. Now she's 38, she's just been through chemo and she only has one ovary. In her head, if this cancer kills her she never will have children, because the resurrected 'are like angels'. Even outside her head the chances are pretty slim now.

She was never told to consider the possibility of dying before Armageddon and therefore losing your chance at breeding.

OMG, what a complete selfish a** he is. I feel so bad for her. What does she say about it now?

• hubert
    hubert
    lol, what's a mo mo?

A Mo Mo is the same thing as a Dufus of a Dumfy. All New Englanders know that. Are you sure you are from New England, Cognac?

By the way, I'm doing fine.

And Congratulations !

Haven't heard or seen DJK lately. Doc Bob might know how to contact him about the area meet-up with Coffee Black.

Hubert

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Congrats on the baby. Even though you could show them all the evidence in the world about how many times the WTS has cried wolf about the end ( starting with 1914 being the end when they taught the Jesus returned in 1874 ) They just wont buy it. My own sister hung up the phone on me when I started to tell her about the UN scandal. She flat out said it never happened. How do deal with that when they are so brainwashed not even to discuss issues? Hang in there. Hopefully hubby will find other work soon.

The Claw.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The WTS was telling people back in the 1940s not to have babies because Armageddon was so close.

If the JWs were obedient back then they probably wouldn't exist today.

W

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The Armageddon is just around the corner line is nothing but pure Bull. I could never understand that type of thinking. IF they have the truth, they have Jah's Blessing, right? During the big "A", wouldn't they "dwell 'neath God's Wing? So, what do they have to fear? They and the Child would be protected by Jehovah. Or do they just not trust their own faith?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit