Whats the reason behind the name change of the Watchtower Society ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mustang
    mustang

What all are overlooking is the CHRISTIAN ORDER thing and the tax liability embarrassment of all those "unpaid volunteers". They are neatly explained IF you have a COMPLETELY SEPARATE LEGAL ENTITY where everyone is required to take the VOW OF POVERTY. The VOP is in the Federal codes, USC Title 26, I believe. The stipend is set out there, in black and white, with a statute number.

It is known as COMPARTMENTALIZATION.

What else is a loose end of the mystery is the back and forth of the ownership of the KH's: local >> WTS >> local again?

The fact that different countries have their laws and strange names for things is of little consequence to the comings and goings of the US TAXMAN. The WTS has never been one for such stringent insistence of standardized/unitized organization requirements from country to country as to cause this.

WTS has long realized that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" works best when going from country to country. So these changes were to address US problems, not "feel good" worldwide unity issues.

Mustang

• mind my own
    mind my own

My guess would be for legal reasons. And maybe to keep in new, exciting and fresh for people. Blech!

MMO

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The new name for the Kingdom Halls will be ... Delusional Mind Control Centers

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Could it be that anything printed for the "flock" would be printed by the Christian Congregation of blah blah and anything printed for the "worldlies" would be printed by the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society (or is it Watchtower? or are there 2 separate entities there also?)

The reason I ask this is I just read about some Catholic organization that used different letterhead when doing various business(!); the more religious letterhead when a religious outcome was desired and a more secular sounding letterhead if a secular outcome was desired...in true dub fashion, maybe they're just taking a page from their predecessors, especially if it suits their designs...

• mustang
    mustang
    Could it be that anything printed for the "flock" would be printed by the Christian Congregation of blah blah and anything printed for the "worldlies" would be printed by the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society (or is it Watchtower? or are there 2 separate entities there also?)

All the printing in the USA is done by the Religious Order blah, blah group. That is where the voluntary labor comes in; and to reconcile the taxes, they ALL must have Vows of Poverty on file and receive the USC Title 26 mandated minimum stipend. That includes the maid that does the beds and spies on your dresser drawer.

These records are subject to periodic review by government auditors: when you do a 501(c)3 filing (Non-Profit corporation, generally religious or charitable in nature) that could be worth billion$, you can bet your A$$ that the government will treat your accounting office with a revolving door effect.

In contradistinction, the Xtian Congo must be a different entity or the WTS (I like the old designator) would have to DISTRIBUTE THE STIPEND ACROSS THE GREAT UNWASHED PEW SITTING RANK AND FILE. That's not going to happen, so you

SPAWN ANOTHER LEGAL ENTITY THAT FIREWALLS THAT BACKDOOR CONTINGENCY.

Then the Xtian Congo has its legal firewall effect with the ownership and management of the country-wide but local Real Estate assets. This has gone back and forth and I'm not certain what the latest strategic philosophy is on that.

I recollect that there were other corporations besides these two, but I didn't get the gist of those.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit