Whats the reason behind the name change of the Watchtower Society ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Legal Maneuvering. It distorts the lines of responsibility. Imagine trying to find the correct corporation to sue if an elder has touched your child. Eventually an attorney can get to the root of the corporations but the resources and time wasted are incredible.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Yet another one of my little prophecies comes to pass!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

One good reason is legal. The people that run the wts are not stupid, just look at the billions. I am sure that biblical reasons can found also, but it is harder to attack the assets of a multi-buffered corporation. Without getting into details, I think that the main reason is legal strategy to protect the wts.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I guess this means I'm SOL for trying to sue them for falsifying bible prophecy and bringing damage and despair into millions

of peoples lives and being directly responsible for the needless deaths of thousands of individuals who needed a blood transfusion or a organ

transplant. DAM .... well folks thats religion

• mustang
    mustang

What is overlooked is the RELIGIOUS ORDER Corp. That's Bethel. What do you do with several thousand 14$ a month people roaming the halls that can't be paid that little bit of a pittance. How do you explain this when THE TAXMAN COMETH???

They weren't buying it. But some junior level flunky in accounting runs down the hall (nekkid?) yelling Eureka!!!

If the Catholix can do it, we can do it!!

What??? Declare a RELIGIOUS ORDER, make everybody swear to/sign a VOW OF POVERTY, give them a raise (the Federal Statutes requires a stipend and suggests 1200$/year=100$/month) and now you can account for all those botched up tax returns or lack thereof.

And to do that, the RELIGIOUS ORDER would have to be separated from all the rest.

And doing some sleight of hand at the congo level makes more of a legal firewall, from other problems.

(I described this to some one that was there and he said it sounded like I was there watching.}

Damn right it was a legal swappy-changy

Mustang

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Is that so they can tell the difference between them and the JEWISH congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Snoozy...who will still call it the WTBTS..

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The name of the magazine initially included the expression "Herald of Christ's Presence" because they taught it had already occurred in 1874, so they were "heralding" it.

Similarly, the books were initially called "Millennial Dawn" because they thought the day of The Millennium had already dawned.

Doug

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

USA was the only country worldwide to have no branch office of its own, no Branch Committee. All other countries worldwide - more or less - had, and they therefore also had a name for the nationwide group of congregations; so in these countries, you had the Watchtower, which was the legal entity / printing etc., and the "Jehovah's Witnesses of France" etc., which was the Christian, the religious, group. When the GB resigned as Directors, USA at the same time got a Branch Office of its own, Branch Commitee etc., and at the same time also had appointed a unit taking care of the religious or congregational affairs, hence the "new" name. So all it did, was to bring the USA in line with the rest of the world when it comes to organizational matters.

Sometimes, it helps to lift one's head and take a look at the world outise one's own country - even if that country happens to be the USA .......

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

OldHippie, this separation between CC and WTS is a rather new concept also outside the US. It was introduced first in Germany in 1999. This was related to their legal case to be registered as a privileged church of public law.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Am understanding then that the President and Secretary Treasurer only sit as legal heads of the WBTS. and are not of the GB

and are not involved in the writing and publishing of any literature ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit