Whats the reason behind the name change of the Watchtower Society ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Interesting stuff folks thanks for your input

There still remains a cloudy issue with regarding to who is doing the writing and publishing and who is doing the printing and distribution.

As the recent KM states that this KM is printed by the CCJWS, isn't that a falsity in its own right, since the writing is done by the GB members and the writing department

and the printing is done by the WTS. ?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    As the recent KM states that this KM is printed by the CCJWS, isn't that a falsity in its own right, since the writing is done by the GB members and the writing department and the printing is done by the WTS. ?

The Watchtower and it's surogates are good at hair-splitting, and using rhetorical word-play. Yes, the WTBTS prints the literature, but the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses can make the claim that the WTBTS is merely a "publishing arm" of the congregation. It would be similar to a major corporation subcontracting out some it's functions, while still claiming rightful credit for the finished products.

Remember, the JW organization is an assembly of corporations now. They think and speak like a corporation, not a church.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Maybe it is a step towards outsourcing of printing?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

So if someone was to file a law suit against the organization it would now be harder to succeed based off their new name a very religious name the now CCJWS.

Its much harder in court to make a religious organization held libel and responsible for their direction and misdeeds than from a orchestrated

Publishing House that prints religious material. .....is what I'm getting out of this

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Jeremy states that

Remember, the JW organization is an assembly of corporations now. They think and speak like a corporation, not a church.

I would have to agree with that Jeremy , they have deliberately spun themselves with different names and identities to cast off any direct responsibilities legal

and otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if they renamed the Kingdom Halls , The Hall of Christian Witnesses down the road or to something else, essentially reinventing the

structured Kingdom all together, old Kingdom in with the new.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Rereading the KM it does state that its published by the CCJWS not printed, just like to make a correction.

A interesting note too is they have established a new copyright name...

CO. - " 20008 Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses "

Any previous lies and false prophecies were laid out by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, not by us .

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

CCJWS sounded more Biblical to me that the WTS...

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Let's face it, we know JWs aren't Christians. But changing the corporation's name to include the word "Christian" maybe makes up for them denying Christ every year on Nisan 14.

• steve2
    steve2

The word "watchtower" also has clear negative connotations quite apart from the religious ones.

For example, not only does a watchtower provide a vantage post from which approaching danger can be detected, but a watchtower in a penitentiary routinely ensures inmates don't break the rules and/or try to escape - this latter connotation is a little too close for comfort for the image-conscious Watchtower Society.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Another way of looking at it Steve, good one

But Armageddon is still coming though isn't ?

I got my bags packed and the pantry full with provisions .

I guess they can't right off too many doctrines at once or they would make themselves illegitimate as the one and only truly spirit guided organization .

Essentially the marketing strategy would collapse over them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit