Whats the reason behind the name change of the Watchtower Society ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mustang
    mustang

Homer,

I think that if you "fuse" or synthesize my observations (which allude to more subtleties), mix in Old Hippies theorem tempered with GXJW's counter and add your observation: then you are getting the picture.

And unlike what Ohip sez, IT AIN'T SIMPLE!!!

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Followup on the

IT AIN'T SIMPLE!!!

There is a great and certain amount of Legal obfuscation going on here. That is typical in matters that amount to ASSET PROTECTION. I wouldn't be surprised to find Swiss Bank Accounts and floor safes with gold bullion, if the truth be known.

Mustang

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Point taken Mustang ......thanks

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Does this confirm, then , that the K M is published by the Service Dept, and not the Writing Dept as is the rest?

This Awake mag in front of me "Dec 08" is published by the WTBS of Brittain, printed in England.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This Awake mag in front of me "Dec 08" is published by the WTBS of Brittain, printed in England.

Interesting Bluesbrother perhaps then the name change is only active in the States then.

Can anyone else confirm this ?

• mustang
    mustang

Working on it...

got a couple of questions into the X-Bethelite that doesn't post anymore. Trouble is, he's one of those "submarine publishers"; U know: U only see them @ Memorial & CO visits

Mustang

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You said, "OldHippie, this separation between CC and WTS is a rather new concept also outside the US. It was introduced first in Germany in 1999. This was related to their legal case to be registered as a privileged church of public law." ....... No no, German friend, totally wrong. In my country, it was introduced in the early 80s, and we were not the first, believe me! In many European countries, the separation had existed for decades. So neither USA not Germany were the first, no matter how strongly you would like to "have invented the gunpowder" yourself.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The name change - as I have stated before - has existed for decades all over the world, and the USA was just about the LAST country where it took effect (or not the name change, then, but what it resulted from, namely the division between religious and business/corporation activities).

The magazine is printed by the WTBTS - which deals with printing etc. But the congregations are united in whatever the religious organization is registered as in the particular countries, such as "JW in France" (or correctly "Temoins de Jehova en France"), "Association of JW in Spain" or something like that, etc. In the US, it is the Christian Congregation.

I know it is hard for us men to keep two thoughts or things separated at the same time in the head, but try! You know with Kindereggs it's THREE things, and kids manage to do so!

• mustang
    mustang

If so, Ohip, but why then:

You like simple, well the Legal wolves were at the door, from more direction than one. Beyond that it is not simple. It is purposely obscured: that is the meaning and intention of obfuscation. When ASSET PROTECTION is the intent, more is better.

One can look through Yearbooks over the years and see the different times from time to time for foreign entities. YB's are an intersetign and overlooked source of info.

Mustang

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think your right Mustang , separating the two entities , the CCJWS and the WBTS. was a legal maneuvering with the attention to make if there was a

law suit levied against the organization the publishers ( CCJWS ) have no real assets to obtain while only the WBTS. being the printing corporation

holds all the assets.

The juggling of names could very well weaken any successful attempts at proving liability and winning any monetary claims.

Just my own speculation of course

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit