Are you having Turkey for Thanksgiving, this year?

by Barbie Doll 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

SnakesInTheTower------Its to bad you don't live in California, I'm trying to get people, to go out with us for Thanksgiving, to a nice Restaurant, for a Turkey Dinner.

• Barbie Doll
  • PEC
    PEC

Last year we went to Mimi's Cafe in Oceanside, the food and the company were both great. Check my thread under Apostafests for the latest details.

Philip

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Momzcrazy------Can we come to your Thanksgiving Dinner, It sound good.LOL LOL

Yes ma'am! My sis in law is the best cook I know, aside from her own mom. It can be a mini apostafest, me, hubby, her, you and PEC!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Probably would have been cheaper to go out. Either way, sucks to eat alone.

Snakes, come to TN. We'll feed you. No one eats alone in our family! I just hope you don't mind kids, noise and chaos!! Seriously, come on over!

• LDH
    LDH

Roasted Turkey

Ham

Mashed potatos

Sweet potatoes(baked and then topped with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped pecans and marshmallows. Yummy

Macaroni and cheese

Cooked carrots

World famous mouth watering Collard Greens (no you can't have the recipe)

Stuffing

Cornbread

sauteed spinach

Cajun rolls (if I have the time and inclination)

Yes all from scratch yes I do the cooking myself.

I love it. I usually cook almost everything the day before (because left-overs taste better!) and warm in the microwave while the turkey's cooking.

Cranberry relish too.

We usually have a house full.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We usually have a house full.

Your menu reminds me of all the cooking I would do when we lived in California, all from scratch too. We always had a full house (my parents too ) and then folks would come over the next few days for the leftovers too! Good Eats!

• yknot
    yknot

My year to cook/ host......

Pouring over recipes now.....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

My friend does a "baby jesus in the cake" for mardi gras.( Do you all know what that is? It's a little tiny one or two inch plastic doll of infant baked inside of the mardi gras cake. Supposed to give good luck for the year and means if you get it in your piece of cake then you have to bake the cake for the next year.) So I might make a special jesus cornbread for Thanksgiving...gotta get special pan.

alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
  • Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Momzcrazy------I wish we live closer, we live to far away. We will see you this sommer. Jknot-------Good luck on your cooking.

Cameo-d ------Here is a baby Jesus cake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit