Are you having Turkey for Thanksgiving, this year?

by Barbie Doll 96 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm happy to say that this year I am utilizing 2 "big birds".

The first one is this Sunday. A non-stop flight to Fort Myers, Florida via AirTran so that I can have Thanksgiving with my daughter.

Our last Thanksgiving together was 2005.

The second "big bird" is the one we are preparing...... a 20 lb. turkey with tons of everything that goes with it. I have experience in making the bird and stuffing for years. Everyone who will be there is bringing something or helping us with the cooking.

We are having friends of my daughter over and it should be a good time for all. One of the people coming is a young guy from Germany who has only been in the U.S. for six months and is a bartender at a restaurant she and her friends go to. This guy has no family here at all, so he has been invited to see what a good old fashioned Thanksgiving dinner is about.

Transplanted people in Florida who are busting their butt for the American dream seem to develop a common bond of close friendship. I know from my daughter's experience that she has made some wonderful and loyal friends. That's what it's all about!

A very HappyDad

• beksbks
    beksbks

What kind of stuffing do you like to make Dad?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I like to make the plain old bread stuffing. White bread, celery, egg, onion, (I forget the spice). I better get the recipe out. lol

Then with as many people coming dinner, I probably should make the crock pot stuffing recipe. I've done that one a couple of times and it is good. There are several good recipes online.

I like cornbread stuffing too, but don't know how to make it. Someone else has to make it, but I'll sure eat it.

HappyDad

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mmmm Corn bread is my favorite.

I make cornbread on Tuesday, then on Wed night, I make the stuffing. Half cornbread, half torn french bread, onion, leek, celery, a little bit of sausage, chopped pecans, and sometimes a handful of dried cranberries. Saute the veggies and the sausage, then stir it up with the bread, cranberries and pecans, and some chicken broth. I like to stuff the bird, and there is always some left over to bake in a pan. I cook so much on TG, that my actual favorite meal, is the next day when everyone is gone. Sliced stuffing, turkey breast, mayo, whole cranberry sauce, romaine lettuce and tons of black pepper on sliced sourdough bread.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Dagney------If it was up to PEC he would have prime rib all the time. You have a Happy Thanksgiving

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    ...I am eating for two!!!!!

Mama1119-------- Don't over eat,LOL LOL Enjoy the Turkey.

alt

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

HappyDad------It looks like you are going to enjoy your Thanksgiving Day. Your Dinner sounds good. I would like to come over to your house.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

beksbks--------------Last night I had Cranberry Stuffing, that was good.

alt

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Thanksgiving is at my house again...like it is every year! I'm the only one in my husband's family (all my family is JW's) that can cook!

I do the turkey, ordered a Paula Deen spiral honey ham, Candied Yams, Mac n cheese, mashed potatoes/gravy, stuffing, cranberry salad, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pies. My hubby's birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year, so Birthday cake as well....I'm feeling sick from all the food already!!! LOL

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Got turkey, sweet potatoes, cream corn, and beets so far. I love Thanksgiving- food, folks, and football, baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit