Are you having Turkey for Thanksgiving, this year?

by Barbie Doll 96 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Even when we were active JW's I always had Turkey on Thanksgiving or at least that weekend .

The past two yrs . My older brother has hosted Thanksgiving at his house (he is a great cook !). I don't know what the plan is yet for this year his house or mine but wherever , We will be eating turkey !

Hope you all can get together out there in California sounds like fun .

Snakes please take someone's offer up to share Thanksgiving with their family , I can't stand thinking of you eating alone !

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Holy Moly, Barbie! That cake with a crown of thorns has really freaked me out!!!

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Troubled mind-------Baba Yaga-----You both have a happy Turkey Day.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My daughter had a turducten one year and it was extremely greasy.We went back to Turkey..yummy!

For the last few years all I have had to do is make a couple pies..I miss making the whole dinner...we always had it at our house even tho hubby was a JW. We had it on the weekend as the kids usually had it with their in-laws on Thanksgiving.Worked out good all around. Now since hubby is gone we just have it at my daughters house. Her house is in the middle of where everyone lives....

Can't wait!.. I too used to prepare ahead. I would do the potatoes (Mashed and sweet) the day before and just nuke them before dinner. I also used to make the pies ( two apple, two peanut butter and two pumpkin) the night before and cook the turkey all night. Made for an easier Thanksgiving day.

Snoozy..

• oompa
    oompa

Awakened at Gilead has been having Turkey for some time now.............and is very Thankful.................................................lmao...........................oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

LOl @ oomps...

Me and my Turkish sign. other will be having Turkey at NY44M's house with his sign. other and baby....

• oompa
    oompa

LMAO again!!...you rock lance!!!........hope to see you again soon..........my kid is now permanent up there dammit!!!..........oompa

• mustang
    mustang

I intend to: BY BEING IN THIS COUNTRY THIS U.S. THANKSGIVING DAY

Two years running, I've been abroad for T-Day. But, I have 2 keep my fingers crossed, I could have to go to Canada on a last minute errand.

Mustang

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Snoozy-------------It sounds like you are going to have a Happy Thanksgiving.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

OOMPA-----enjoy your Turkey.

Awakened at Gilead-----You have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Mustang---------Have a lot of Turkey.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit