What holiday is your favorite?

by gaiagirl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• halcyon
    halcyon

Christmas. I love everything about it, and always have. Used to go shopping MORE in December just so I could hear the music and see the lights. I think it's more magical for me than for others because I have none of the stress attached to the holiday; I've always been able to enjoy it aurally and visually and unadulterated by negativity.

Halloween is intriguing, but I really HATE the horror-movie aspects of it. Violence disgusts me, so the bloody hand prints and the serial-killer costumes and stuff really turn me off. I like the very basics of the holiday, although yesterday was the first time in my life that I didn't wish I could go trick-or-treating. I looked at all that candy those kids got and my stomach turned.

Easter is the holiday I feel most religious through, although I think about Jesus more often around Christmas, but I think more deeply about his life around Easter. That's when I feel most compelled to go to church and take communion. Probably due to my "memorial" roots ...

New Years Eve has been loads of fun for me the past decade, but as a "holiday" it's too short.

Valentine's day is nice. Love the warm fuzzy sexual overtones.

4th of July is fun too, but I'm still not too comfortable with nationalism. Studied it in college history class and realized it's a modern invention that divides people. I hate divisions.

Thanksgiving -- well, been celebrating some form of it all my life. It's sorta tarnished by feelings of sneaky guilt. And it's all about food, which is lame. Always wished I had a TV-commercial family rather than my own boring one. Have been to inlaws and friend's relatives as well ... all boring. Love the decorations though.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I forgot St Paddy's day and Cinco de Mayo. My cultural roots shine on these days!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Christmass, because by that time of year I can turn the AC off and open the windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit