What holiday is your favorite?

by gaiagirl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I really enjoy Halloween. The air is crisper and cooler, a relief from the hot summer. The season is a celebration of the Harvest, as the Earth has once more provided her bounty which the people store up to last through the winter until spring.

I don't really believe the traditions regarding ghosts, etc at Halloween, but do find them a great deal of fun, and participate with decorations. The costume thing is also fun, Halloween parties are the BEST! People tend to be in a much better mood and much less stressed out than during Christmas.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Christmas. I love watching the kids come downstairs and open their presents.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to enjoy something so simple as a holiday?

Chris

• Mandette
    Mandette

4th of July.......hot summer days.....cook outs.....being thankful for the good things in our country........

Mandette

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sleigh bells ring....are you listnen'?

It's always been the most magical holiday for me. As a child I got to celebrate a few, until I was guilted into thinking I would die! But I would always secretly love looking at the lights and everyone's decorations. My heart has always yearned for Christmas. The music, the family gatherings, the snow (yep, I'm from Michigan) and the giving. Our kids joined the local church for it's children's musical the first christmas and it's been a joy ever since.

Thanksgiving is a close second! But I cook more for that than Christmas!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Christmas :) I even loved it when I was supposed to be HATING it. When nobody was around, I would as a JW crank the Christmas music in my car and sing at the top of my lungs. I love the lights I love the music I love the shopping...the food, the smells the colors, the gatherings. I do miss it being COLD now that Im in S. Fla. Its still weird to me to see lights on palm trees :)

• Mandette
    Mandette

Loves..

I have to admit that I always enjoyed the lights......and my favorite Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night". I remember being very young and gazing out at the sky on Christmas Eve and wondering how Santa knew not to come to our house because we were JW's. I still look at Christmas trees with fascination.....

but there's nothing better than the good ole summertime!!!! Wanna trade places?? We have snow forecasted for tomorrow!! BLECH!!!

Mandette

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Canadian thanksgiving. Winding down the summer and gearing up for winter...the weather is always beautiful and it was a major get together for the family when my mother was alive. sammieswife.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Way too many holdays in this country. Everytime you turn around there is no mail due to some kind of holiday.

I would normally say xmas, but my family is up north and I am stuck in Florida, so I hate it now.

Of course, Groundhog day is nice......really.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    Christmas :) I even loved it when I was supposed to be HATING it. When nobody was around, I would as a JW crank the Christmas music in my car and sing at the top of my lungs.

LovesDubs,

I did the same thing!!! I'm sure there are others. I have always thought Christmas music to be very pretty. And I love how happy everyone is around that time of year. My mom used to play "winter" songs in the house around christmas time. I think it was difficult for her to totally let go of the holiday.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I love Christmas.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit