Boring bookstudy book...which one was the worst?

by White Dove 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

I remember the old timers saying that the red Babylon book was the hardest to understand.

In my memory, I'd have to say the Isaiah books and Daniel book were the most involved and boring.

The Revelation book had gorgeous pictures in it (the writing was horribly boring), so I just looked at them, and I was 22 at the first study of it!

• still-fading
    still-fading

Does all of them count? If I had to pick, I'd say the Daniel books.

• White Dove
    White Dove

There is more than one Daniel book? I missed that one entirely

I quit during the first Daniel book.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When your just a kid,they`re all terrible..But it`s easy to answer at a book study.......The information in the book study,book is:"Dog poop is Brown".....Question from the Book study,book is:"What colour is Dog poop?".....Little kid raises hand and replys:"Dog poop is Brown!"..Everyone applaude`s little kid..ApplauseApplause..........Won`t little OUTLAW make a Great JW Elder someday,he know`s Dog poop is Brown!..................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• still-fading
    still-fading

I thought there were 2? I kinda spaced out during it!

• White Dove
    White Dove

There were 2 Isaiah books that I didn't attend bookstudy for, but I quit in the first Daniel book so don't know if there was a second.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I hated the Revelation book because it always induced inner eye-rolling, each and every time. "The Great Revered Holy Bible foretold ASSEMBLIES and freakin' WATCHTOWERS???? You gotta be kidding me!!! Trumpet blasts are WHAT??? Oh, c'mon, this has gotta change someday, I'll just turn my ears off now"

I didn't mind the Daniel book; in fact I enjoyed the actual history contained in it very much. Most of my comments were about secular history.

Don't remember the others.

• StAnn
    StAnn

HATED the Babylon the Great book. Hated the James book. Now the books are so simplistic and vapid I can't believe anyone can stay awake through the BS, except for my addle-brained mother.

StAnn

• abbagail
    abbagail

The green Family Happy book... (or was that ever covered in the book study?)
    Some parts of it were good, but since I wasn't a "family" I never liked all the family talks and stuff.

It's been too many years... can't remember all the book study books from 1979-1990 era.

Funny StAnne hated the James book. I actually loved that one.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ah yes, Commentary on the Letter of James.

Can any book be named a more boring name?!

I never read it nor cared as I was a kid when it came out and just wanted to go out and play in the sunshine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit