Any "Born Again" Christians here?

by sacolton 108 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub

"So, I have to ask...is anyone who is not "born again" uable to find truth or life?" And I would add to this question, is anyone who is not "Christian" able to find truth or life?

The deafening silence to this question is what makes Christianity so hypocritical and dishonest...

exjdub

• TopHat
    TopHat

I have a question, Do you have to belong to a certain religion to be born again?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

exjdub

"So, I have to ask...is anyone who is not "born again" uable to find truth or life?" And I would add to this question, is anyone who is not "Christian" able to find truth or life?

The deafening silence to this question is what makes Christianity so hypocritical and dishonest...

Maybe if I make it bigger you can see/hear it.

Depends on what you mean by "find", I guess. But to try to answer you, apart from God? No.
  • undercover
    undercover
    But to try to answer you, apart from God? No.

So what makes being "born again" better than the Witnesses or any other religion that professes to have the only way to truth and life?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Explain this a little, please...

some choose now, others later. Choose what?

If I read between the lines properly I see the implication that one can accept Jesus later thus gaining truth and life. Is this correct? What if one never accepts Jesus? Can one still find truth and life?

Some choose Jesus, who is Truth and Life, now. Others will do it later.

In order to gain truth and life, all will have to accept Him. No exceptions.

Those who reject Him, with full undersstanding of what they're doing, are headed to the Lake of Fire.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

In order to gain truth and life, all will have to accept Him. No exceptions.

Those who reject Him, with full undersstanding of what they're doing, are headed to the Lake of Fire.

That would mean that your original answer...

So, I have to ask...is anyone who is not "born again" uable to find truth or life?

No, truth and life are open to all.

...was incorrect, because now you've added the caveat that one has to accept Jesus or face the consequences.

or...

...it was purposely misleading so as to not put off people with the narrow minded view that no one can find truth or life other than the way you believe.

Reminds me of another religious group...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Truth and Life are open to all who choose to accept Him.

Those who reject Him are headed to the Lake of Fire.

...it was purposely misleading so as to not put off people with the narrow minded view that no one can find truth or life other than the way you believe.

I believe what the Holy Scriptures teach.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton
    I have a question, Do you have to belong to a certain religion to be born again?

No. You follow Jesus Christ. He is your mediator.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Live like an angel die like a devil,
    Got a place in hell reserved for me,
    Live like an angel die like a devil,
    Gonna burn in hell that's where I'm gonna be.

• TopHat
    TopHat

What is the Lake of Fire in your opinion....snow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit