Is it reckless to eat dessert first?

by compound complex 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar
    To eat dessert first may seem like a harmless change but it is a disfellowshipable offence.

Heh, I read this about two minutes ago and can't stop giggling.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have had dessert first and been unrepentent about like a dog that returns to its vomit ( I mean a girl returning to the apple pie again and again). My favorite time for dessert is a few hours after a nice dinner, I don't like to rush it.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

No-- it will not hurt you as long as you don't do it all the time.

alt

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so here I am, reading this thread, eating my low fat, low calorie spinach with a little ham dinner, when I saw Barbie Doll's picture of dessert. Ohhhhhh, I only wish I could!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hortensia,

Don't worry - it's only pretend dessert!

Speaking of the "d" word, did you realize that in the expression "to get one's just deserts," "deserts" is frequently misspelled as "desserts"? "Deserts" derives from deservir, to deserve.

Thanks everyone!

Stay trim ...

CoCo Nut Cream Pie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

CoCo - my dad is one of those that used to order dessert first, I always thought he was a lil off, but then I realised that he was free to choose whatever it was he wanted to do - so I followed in his footsteps - and it's quite funny to see how others react to it. You get some odd looks (even from me mum)

But I just laught it off and enjoy the lil stir caused from doing such a simple act.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear CoCo,

I hesitate to admit to you, that yes, yes... I have indeed been known to eat my desert first... but more terrifyingly... I have been known to eat ONLY DESSERT, for every "course" of the meal.

So there.

hahahaaa.

Love!
    Reckless and Unrepentant Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Loubelle and Baba:

Being a lil off is all right in my book, even if it involves dessert always and only!

Just had a bowl of boring oatmeal ...

The truth is out! I eat ennui-causing food!

BTW, oatmeal topped with vanilla ice cream is super.

Thanks!

CoCo Vanille

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just had oatmeal also. Good for the Cholesterol though.

I suggested to Wifey that she arise and make me a turkey sandwich for breakfast. That was met with some teasing and then it got ugly. LOL

Hence the oatmeal. Oh well, turkey makes me sleepy. At least it did last evening at dinner.

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

At the moment I'm working as a lunchroom monitor at a elementary school. Every Friday is ice cream day and guess what? Most of the kids eat their ice cream first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit