Is it reckless to eat dessert first?

by compound complex 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beksbks
    beksbks
    It is a free country isn't it?

Well, actually, the right wingers are trying to get a proposition on the ballot that will ban pre dinner dessert eaters.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I don't know, but I'd recommend against mixing pasta and antipasta in your stomach. Who knows what would happen.

• watson
    watson
    Well, actually, the right wingers are trying to get a proposition on the ballot that will ban pre dinner dessert eaters.

Where can I sign up??

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

hmmm...eat carrot cake. It's a meal AND a dessert - protein, vegetable, nuts, fruit, whole grains. What more could you want?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes!

I'm afraid I am on of those hidebound traditionalists who are particularly rigid when it comes to food. Fruit salad for breakfast - yes, often, if not usually. Whatever fruit there is - strawberries, bananas, nectarines, peaches, blueberries, pineapple, mangoes - chopped and dressed with yogurt, with scrambled eggs and whole grain toast - can take one from a late brekkie to skipping lunch - then shrimp cocktail at 5 to tide til din-din. Kinda perfect, actually.

But if you are suggesting green salad before noon - horrors!

And dinner components should be consistent - no Italian bits with Chinese bits, no BBQ bits with Mexican bits, etc. Someone once served me biscuits with Chinese food and it totally put me off. Him and the food.

Also, proportionately, I always (unconciously) make my food come out even - ending, for example, with one bite of meat, one bite of starch, and one bite of veg - ideally all balanced on the fork for one last bite. Once a psychologist friend, whom I was having dinner with, looked at my plate at the end of the meal and said, "I think this is diagnosable."

Harmless enough, methinks!

• beksbks
    beksbks

So, I used to go to this terrific crepe place in San Fran for breakfast. Every darn kinda crepe you could come up with. Also super duper pancakes. Like whole wheat with bananas and walnuts. The Greek crepe was a fave of mine, with spinach and feta, mmmmmm. Anyway, they served all their crepes with a large helping of spring greens and a deeeeeelish vinaigrette. Dude! I think it was the greens that hooked me. What better way to start your day??

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whoooo, looks like it may still be there!

Wall of Crepes

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I don't know, but I'd recommend against mixing pasta and antipasta in your stomach.

A black hole? The end of all pasta as we know it???!!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

The advertisement below says it all ...

Yes - HORRORS! - it was a green salad for brekkie!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, all, for siding on the side of sidereal reasoning (mine).

CoCo Confectioner

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

"I prefer to regard a dessert as I would imagine the perfect woman: subtle, a little bittersweet, not blowsy and extrovert. Delicately made up, not highly rouged. Holding back, not exposing everything and, of course, with a flavor that lasts."Graham Kerr (the Galloping Gourmet) 1960s

BA- Agreed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit