wasasister returns to Kingdom Hall

by wasasister 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I'm wondering if you'll be back on the radar myself. That's a huge fear of mine. I even avoided the memorial of a friend this weekend to stay hidden. Let us know if ANYONE tells you how "encouraging" it is to see you again *S*

• Flip
    Flip
    ...I noticed a certain repetitiveness...all the men have pretty much the same things to say...so much so that I could practically recite what they were going to say along with them...anyone ever notice that?

~W~

It appeared to me the amount of discretionary flair one used when giving a prayer was proportional to ones position on the congregational pecking order.

Flip

• Farkel
    Farkel

Wasa,

Enjoy the talk wasa, and don't lose any braincells in the process!

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• Tina
    Tina

((sis))))))))lolol
    I just KNEW it had to be something like that :> but ya scared me! Don't do that! lolol.luv ya,T

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• mommy
    mommy

Good luck Wassa
    I returned back to my place of orgin back in Aug. and I heard rumors the bro's wanted to chat with me. After 9 years you would think they had better things to do. Of course that was months ago, and still nothing official. You have been out for awhile, I doubt they will take the time, I understand the adrenaline rush you must be having though! Let us know how it went.
    wendy

• wasasister
    wasasister

I'm back, all in one piece and without a visit to the back room. The PO wasn't even there, although the hall was packed. This was more likely due to the time of day (my daughter's congregation has the 12:30 meeting time - primo if you want to sleep in and have plans for socializing at night) than to my son-in-law's popularity.

As is usually the case with first-time speakers, my SIL had the second part of a symposium. It was about death and resurrection - same old tired scriptures and not very encouraging: "We're all going to die, we're all sinners, the only hope is to come to the KH..." It went by fast and we snuck out during the middle song, along with abuot 20 others. I got only two brief hugs and one thumbs-up. I think it pleased my daughter and her husband, which was my point in the first place.

It was amusing to see some of the same faces, older and perhaps looking a bit tired. If they noticed a glow about me, it was not because I was back among them, but because I really am beginning to get my "stuff" together.

My (non-Dub) daughter commented as we drove away: "It's like going back to your old school - kind of scary to be there, but you have the freedom of knowing you can leave at any time and tell the teachers to flip-off if you want to..."

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Time will tell if I'm back on the radar. Hopefully the elders have enough to do keeping the faithful in line.

Was

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    If they noticed a glow about me, it was not because I was back among them, but because I really am beginning to get my "stuff" together.

How true is that. In the year and 4 months I have been away, my health and happiness is at a peak. Glad you made it back from the dead so-to-speak.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• teejay
    teejay

It's like going back to your old school... you have the freedom of knowing you can leave at any time and tell the teachers to flip-off if you want to...

How true. And all their threats of Armageddon, all their appeals for more service, all their guilt trips... none of their mind games have ANY affect. You're all grown up now, beyond the need for anything they have to offer.

later,
    tj

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. - unknown
  • LB
    LB

Glad you survived. I can't imagine going back myself again. Not even if my son was giving a public talk. Oh, I think I'm going to put that in my prayers tonight. Scary thought.

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

Glad you went for your family's sake. Perhap's you can have your s-i-l and your daughter over for a meal and ask him some heavy ?'s about ressurection, like how many times did WT go back & forth whether Sodom & Gomorrah would be or not ressurected? At the very least he'd be able to count you as a return visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit