wasasister returns to Kingdom Hall

by wasasister 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Don't worry, folks...it's only for an hour.

My son-in-law has his first public talk today, and I was invited to attend the event. It seemed to be very important to him and to my daughter that I be there, so I agreed. My daughter's JW father was noticeably NOT invited, so I suppose I should be flattered.

My non-JW daughter has agreed to go with me for moral (or perhaps "immoral") support, so at least I won't feel quite so conspicuous.

For those of you who don't know my history, this will be my first time in my former congregation in almost 4 years; I quiety faded and am not DA'd or DF'd. The same body of elders is still there, with a couple of new additions. I hope my presence does not put me back on their radar, so-to-speak, but I figure it might be worth the risk if I can keep a good rapport with my daughter and son-in-law.

I'll post a few impressions when I return this evening. In the interim, please send good thoughts my way. I'm looking forward to this about like a root canal.

Peace,
    Was

• rekless
    rekless

hi was,
    you will be spotted and back on the radar as you said.

good luck

dan

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ah caint see why goin' to one lil ole meetin'is gonna do youall any hahm. Course, it wont do you no good neither, ceptin to remind yuh of all the reasons why you stopped goin'.
    Wait'll you get a whiff of the atmosphere in there, itll feel different now. all that Boredom. And that feeling of being drained like sumpthin is suckin the energy right outta yuh.
    Nice feelins.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi Wasa, and good luck. Kudos to you for showing REAL LOVE for your family.

Its amazing how an ex-Dub can be so supportive, when the majority may eventually be shunned by family and friends alike.

Boozy

• Simon
    Simon

It's strange when you go back after not going for a long time - it really is obvious how strange the wierd the whole thing is and how many tired old cliches are repeated. My favourite in our hall is "but this is by no means the end of our meeting brothers, we now have a study of the watchtower after song no ..." same words everytime, whoever was chairman.

Hope it goes well, if you're not back in 2 days we'll send a search party

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Love those songs. All those people, an' so little noise comin outta theya mouths.All the brothers murmuring the song in subdued tones.
    All those sweet lil' sistas modestly squeaking away.Noone wantin their voice to stand out.Possibly some verbose righteous prat will offer the final prayer, dronin' on and...ONNN. An all the while yor
    swayin' on yor feet like a tree in the wind, thinkin "finish...just FINISH will yuh?"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Good luck! Don't forget to pack the No Doze.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

make sure to bring ear plugs for the singing, and I hope you don't get goose bumps. Sends a chill down my spine just thinking about it

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• wytchwomyn
    wytchwomyn

you guys are just tooooo funny...I have had so many good laughs since a friend sent me to this site...and I have sooo walked in all your shoes at one time or another...

Wasasister....I sincerely hope this "return visit" doesn't put your freedom at jeopardy...the way you left is by far the best way to go...

do you ever remember the bashing of the Lord's Prayer because it was simply repetitive and one should pray from the heart...while I was not a practicing dub any longer I was still "in my family" so to speak and at dinners when prayers were said...I noticed a certain repetitiveness...all the men have pretty much the same things to say...so much so that I could practically recite what they were going to say along with them...anyone ever notice that?

~W~

• ISP
    ISP

Hi wasa!

Always think it is worth showing your face when it suits you! Shows you are not under their control. May make some think...especially if you look like you got your stuff sorted.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit