How often do you go to the meetings at the KH this year?

by asilentone 38 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

The only meeting that I went is the Memorial this year.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Once a year, for the last 5 years. The Memorial is the only meeting I feel obliged to attend for family reasons.

• misguided
    misguided

funerals...no, their now called, "memorials" (glorified recruitment meetings) are the only events that jave got me to enter the KH in the past few years.

Unfortunatley, I'm going to have to attend another one in the next few weeks.

No meeting or anti-jesus memorial since 2005.

• siy
    siy

yea same as you!! but i got there late, but just in time to hear how we are all going to live in "GRAND DESIGNS" homes (uk tv show about super homes).

"i hear you thinking"

who's going to fabricate all the steal concrete triple glassed windows & doors?

well i don't know!! but as geroge michael said " yea got to have faith"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The only meeting that I went is the Memorial this year.

I went to the Memorial out of town with the wife.
    It was my last and only meeting this year.
    I won't make the same mistake next year at the Memorial.
    Look for me to miss that, too.

• penny2
    penny2

I'll never step into a KH again, unless it's for the wedding or funeral of a family member.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am not certain of the eaxct number but the percentage was around 0%

come to think of it, that is also how many times i was in a KH

• Honesty
    Honesty

Goose Eggs here....

• undercover
    undercover

In the last five years the only meetings I've been to were the Memorials...plus one funeral and one wedding.

As I first started fading and had myriads of questions and still some confusion I dreaded going to the hall for anything, Memorial, wedding, whatever. But after making the break completely and knowing that I was never going back to believing any of it, it hasn't bothered me to go to one meeting a year. I go, zone out for an hour, see a few people I haven't in a year and then go out to eat.

I don't believe it anymore, they have no power over me any more, I'm not afraid of what they say or the building in which they say it. It's no different than going to a Catholic service and not believing any of it either.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

many - I would say two out of every three

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit