How often do you go to the meetings at the KH this year?

by asilentone 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Zero

Next year will be the same amount.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    The only meeting that I went is the Memorial this year

Ditto

• blondie
    blondie

None for almost 7 years, no memorials, no weddings, no funerals.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Physically, about half. Mentally, none.

Lights are on but no one's home.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

In the past 10 years, just twice. And they were both funeral services memorial talks for someone who died.

Most recently was 2 weeks ago. It was way more personal than most other JW services that I've attended. Good to see old friends. Most were very cordial.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oops!! There was just one other attendance that I forgot. A circuit assembly in LongBeach about 8 years ago. A former good friend of mine (now a Bethelite) was scheduled to give a talk @ 11:30. I walked in at 11:30 and left at 12:00. Hung around Long Beach until we met for dinner at 5:00pm.

Does that even really count? Technically I was there. But just to see the 'friend' who hasn't spoken to me since.

-Aude.

• Diva
    Diva

Just the once and that was only to show off my newborn daughter to the few people I actually liked at the hall. Unfortunately it also happened to be the CO's visit - OMG that was the most boring meeting I have ever been to in my life!! In fact I spent most of the time in the foyer chatting to 2 other sisters who had babies the same time as me. Perfect way to kill the time, before the CO's really mind mumbing talk killed me!!

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

I'm glad to say that I have not been to any meeting this year. Not even the memorial.

I would have been totally OK with that, because the WTS idea of 'memorial is incorrect anyway. But my wife faced a dillemma, she felt bad about missing the memorial,still thinking the once a year memorial is a Scriptural requirement, but absolutely hated our stuck up witnesses and elders.She did not want to see them. So I prepared a short memorial for ourselves, at home. Wine and bread included. It was the most meaningful memorial I ever attended! Hopefully my wife sees the WTS errors too by next year and I don't have to do this anymore. But it was fun.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How often do you go to the meetings at the KH this year?

I left Jan 2004. So here is the tally:

2004 = 0

2005 = 0

2006 = 0

2007 = 0

2008 = 0 [so far]

Jeff

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Zilch
    Nada
    Zero
    Will never, ever set foot in one again!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit