Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..There was no debate between you and I..You have to answer questions in a debate..You refused to answer mine..I answered yours..Have you looked up the word "Glory" yet..It`s in all Seven of the Bibles you referred to..The same Seven Bibles you were afraid to post a complete sentence with..The completion of that one sentence included the word "Glory"..You don`t like that word do you Reniaa?..The word Glory,means to Rejoice Profoundly.......The Bible Proves both you and the WBT$ to be Liars......The Debate is Over?..The Debate never Started..How can it..You refuse any information that proves you wrong..Even the BIBLE......................................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa

Is there a reason why those of us who have posted direct and relevant arguments against the WT injuction on its followers observing CHristmas and other holidays have gone unaswered by you? We have answered you directly. You have answered nothing directly. You have changed the topc multiple times, answered with irrelevant info, have taken numerous verses out of context. When called on this you tried the old "there are different takes on this verse.." on the very same verse you previously tried to use as a definitive proof text.

This is typical of a JW...highly typical...as is the 'short-term memory" where when you are proven wrong on a topic you try to shift to another. When drawn back to the original topic you try to pretend it is starting from scratch and bring up previous WT arguments previously knocked down. And when nothing else works you jump to the laundry list the WT told you about as to why only Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth.

Are you putting this time down on your service report?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

hi issaacaustin i have answere all of your questions. i just think that jws are really sincere people who honestrly try to live by bible standards in their life unlike other people out there. and who else is teaching bible truth about the trinity, hellfire, etc? also i am not a jw and i have never read any jw literature for 10 years or ever been to a meeting or talked to a jw ever for 10 years yet somehow i have a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of current jw doctrinal debate tactics and i am trying to weight both sides of the evidence to see if i want to go back.

See, I can be a good little dubbie too!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Doomvoyager, you are so very right. I mean, honestly..anyone reading the Bible will come to the same conclusions taught by the WT. All it takes is an open mind and being reasonable and honest-hearted. I guess I have just been close-minded and unreasonable here. I have much soul-searching to do. :) Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

What we all fail to understand here is that the Wt doesn't wield any authority or control. The members have come to these conclusions on their own thru honest Bible reading and meditation. And then these people choose to congregate together.

ugghh

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DoomVoyager..That was frigg`n Hilarious!!..LOL......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Thanks, I think we can close the thread now.

• Sirona
    Sirona

FYI

IMHO Reniaa, I think you are a liar and a lousy one at that. I don't believe that you're an inactive or lapsed Witness who hasn't gone in 10 years------your posts smack of being an active Witness, or perhaps a semi-active Witness at best.

Look back in the history of Reniaa and see that I suggested this months ago. Her pseudo "sister" etc... and the fact that someone who has just given birth was back on this forum debating in no time...

She is almost definately an active witness yanking all your chains.

Sirona

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

and lets not get onto the idolatry of the cross.
    Again, answer my question on why the JW's idolize the Watchtower symbol?

• reniaa
    reniaa

hey there OTWO

I hope you don't mind I widenned the discussion I was trying to show that I try and look at all doctrines in relation to all christian faiths.

I generally feel that JW's are moral people. No fault there. They just insist that they are right and others are
    wrong. I cannot accept that.

Don't take this the wrong way but don't many faiths take this line, in fact evolutionists can be like this too,

I don't claim to know all the answers to all issues in some absolute sense. I do know that WTS says they
    have the truth. I do know that they say that something good like a glass of water becomes undrinkable with
    even a drop of poison. I know that their "truth" is loaded with poisons. I don't really care if Jesus died on a
    cross or a stake, I don't care why people want to come together in December and wish good will toward all
    others, gambling is a personal choice as is cutting up a turkey in November. To each his own. But don't tell
    me to avoid college and self-education through books that disagree with WTS. Don't tell me to shun my fellow
    man. Don't put the organization's reputation ahead of the individual who has been molested by a JW uncle or
    elder. Don't shun me for voting or joining the YMCA to use the pool, while the organization that tells you to
    shun me was a member of the United Freaking Nations for nearly a decade. Don't lecture me on the evils of
    aluminum and organ transplants and then say later, "It's a conscience choice." Don't tell a mother to shun
    her own adult child because he thinks that the Bible doesn't say you cannot have a blood transfusion, but she
    thinks WTS is right on the subject.

Let the mother and adult child both decide on their own how to apply the information. If I clink glasses at my
    party, and you wear a wedding ring, don't judge us.

I know I wasted my time. As soon as you heard that I disagree with some established point from the Bible,
    you jumped on that. The rest could have been BLAH BLAH BLAH. When you go back to the JW's, keep
    all the answers here in mind. Keep researching. You will never be hopelessly all in the WTS doctrines after
    you dared to speak to us. You will see why they said to avoid us. You will come back after wasting some
    more time. I hope it's short. I look forward to lunching with you one day.

Jesus dying on a cross or stake shouldn't be important, your right there, it is only important because of the cross has such a great meaning to trinity it is a physical representation of their 3 in one God and for that reason alone I think on it. but lets get onto your next points hmm you've changing the goal posts a little, we are now talking 'fruitage' if we are talking the consequences of doctrines and your right JWs have made many mistakes when they go beyond the bible they are on dangerous ground as is any christian faith, once the churches decided burning witches was a good way to go along with 'Never suffer a witch to live', the catholic church blessed both sides of the world wars sending it's own people to kill each other is that wrong?

Mary thinks i'm diverting the discussion but I just won't apply one rule to JW's and not to other christian faiths too! especially if we are talking 'fruitage' its not fair to only 'point the knife in one direction' to keep on with my analogy, I think you understood were i was going even if Mary didn't.

You are very right I've lost my innocence regarding WTS no longer will I see it as perfect, the feet of clay are there for me to see ( at least shunning and college is personal choice there's more and your points here are very valid) but I still think it's the best that is on offer doctrinely, especially as they will tackle Nt scriptures that other christian faiths ignore, you talk about armegeddon but it's from the bible, so is 'last days' 2 tim 3 :1 onwards.

I hate that I'm picking the best of a bad bunch but look at this reasoning we have to pick one if we believe in the bible, most modern christian faiths say believing in God is enough and all roads lead to God by their standard i'm already saved but witnesses say 'narrow' is the road leading to life, So by being a JW i'm saved on both counts hedging my bets so to speak I know there a parable on this, on a servant that does the same type of thing and gets commended by his master and not punished but I can't remember which lol. The only thing that can condemn me is if God is actually the trinity then i'll be having words with him myself! lol i'm still tackling the ins and outs but the bible says better be prepared than not, I don't want to be caught sleeping. theres more to it, but by not believing in the trinity i've kinda limited my choices by a lot about 33.000 christian faiths I think someone said lol i hope that wasn't a figure they picked out of the air.

hey i'll have lunch with you anytime if you don't mind a good debate hehe

but you know i can't come back on here with it closing and the alternatives don't appeal they are just pale copies, and theyd probably throw me out for my contraversial ways ^^

Reniaa

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dacheech

and lets not get onto the idolatry of the cross.
    Again, answer my question on why the JW's idolize the Watchtower symbol?

your going to have to be more specific because last time I looked they don't wear it round their necks, stick it on an alter and pray to it, make the sign of it on there body, put it on all there churches in various places, stick it on the wall in there homes, make little alters in there homes and candles all around it, stick a big one on a hillside for people to come far and wide to worship at...have i missed one?

as far as I remember it's just a symbol on one of the magazines and old name still only used for paperwork now that Jehovah's witnesses is the Main one have i missed something?

I might accuse the catholics of many things doctrinely but never of idolising the name 'Catholic' because the catholic leaders aka popes have made decisions that have caused many deaths and wars because if we are talking the popes that maybe a different matter they liked being worshipped too and apparently lots of jewelry inc a big big cross but I digress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit