Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• barry
    barry

You have said that there are many versions of the trinity doctrine. In fact the trinity doctrine was formulated 1600 years ago and has not changed. You may be confusing it with Modalism ,Monackism Arianism or something else. Also what does the cross have to do with the trinity doctrine. Teh mormons dont beleive the trinity doctrine but they beleive christ died on the cross. I dont get youre connection with this.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A hippy from the 60's that I met in the door to door service for the JW's straightened me out. He
    was living in the 90's and had a decent job, but his attitude was still the same. He said something
    like this:
    "Do you think that Jehovah created people just to bow down to him? Is his ego that big?
    Didn't Jesus demonstrate that people are to have enjoyment of life? Is He so cruel that He
    will really destroy everyone who doesn't sell WT literature? That's not the message of the Bible."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if god forced us all, then what would be the purpose?

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniaa said: Mary thinks i'm diverting the discussion but I just won't apply one rule to JW's and not to other christian faiths too! especially if we are talking 'fruitage' its not fair to only 'point the knife in one direction' to keep on with my analogy, I think you understood were i was going even if Mary didn't.

I understood it perfectly Reniaa-----I just don't buy it. When push comes to shove and you have no rebuttal for the question that has been posed on here for 18 pages now, you come up with the moronic phrase of 'pointing the knife in one direction' which is no rebuttal at all. It is simply another attempt at deflecting the fact that the WTS are a bunch of hypocrites by allowing some pagan practices and not others.

You've done nothing but play with words Reniaa, and everyone's starting to catch on to you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It was a good discussion, I'm sorry I didn't address all your points maybe on a future thread :)

limited time was more my issue

Reniaa, It does not appear time was an issue to you. You posted MANY MANY times and addressed none of my points, as well as many other valid points by others. The most likely scenario here is that you are a Witness apologist...probbaly active to at least some extent and are simply misrepresenting yourself. Everything about you and your ways wreaks of being a JW- the way you doge direct questions with red herrings....taking verses out of context exactly as the WT does and doing whatever you can, no matter how stupid it sounds, to uphold WT doctrine. COme on Reniaa, admit your facade. We all know anyway.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    A hippy from the 60's that I met in the door to door service for the JW's straightened me out. He
    was living in the 90's and had a decent job, but his attitude was still the same. He said something
    like this:
    "Do you think that Jehovah created people just to bow down to him? Is his ego that big?
    Didn't Jesus demonstrate that people are to have enjoyment of life? Is He so cruel that He
    will really destroy everyone who doesn't sell WT literature? That's not the message of the Bible."

He sounds like a pretty decent guy. I'd like to smoke a bowl with him.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when this page was 1 or 2 long, I believed her story...... but now I also believe she's a witness and was using the battered christmas child to bring us in a circle.

I told her that I'm still a witness because I'm held in hostage, and she just flew over that one. has no interest in seeing the "dark side" of the watchtower

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa is saying she is not a JW but looking at things at all sides as she considers coming back. This is probably a facade to make it look like WT theology is substantiated by someone who is not a JW but has an open mind. Of course this is a facade by Reniaa, she is obviously a Witness in some capacity

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting such backwards views.

FD, with all due respect, telling someone they should be ashamed is also promoting a backward view. Many of the techniques our parents, and their parents, etc. etc., such as shaming, blaming, telling us we "should" do this, or that, guilting us into behaving, etc. have caused misery to humans, unnecessarily, imo, also.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Isaacaustin if thats what you want to believe you can, but consider this if I am telling the truth and I am, how closed minded do you and those that say the same thing must be if you get some comfort from assuming I am lying although I cannot see any benefit from it personally, I already say I'm pro-witness and probably will be a witness again one day,

I like debating on this forum but it's hard to keep things on topic, by the way you kinda contradicted yourself, you said I never answered any of your questions and then you said i answered them with red herrings, I admit I am reluntant to stay on issues like christmas because i felt i covered my position on viewing it as false worship and still very actively pagan in it's rituals quite well, if you didn't agree thats your freedom.

dacheech i didn't address your personal circumstances because others on here that have been in your situation could advise you better than I ever could, anyway you believe I am a liar so my words are already filtered out by you, who ever listens to someone they consider a liar?

OTWO I really wanted to discuss with you about what you said more but this medium is frustrating in how little you can really get your meaning across and you despite having no love for the WTs have taking me at my word and I appreciate that, Thank you

Thanks to all that participated even the ones that have resorted to personally attacking me in the end it's your perogative, It's an interesting debate I really want to explore it more but 18 pages is quite long, I think i'll read through them again at my leisure at some future date, some points on how people have managed to retain their belief in the bible while others now doubt it completely to was very thought provoking.

Cheers

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit