life sucks and then you die

by kevin221 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Kevin,

You said:

:I went to see my parents and no one even wanted to talk about Jon with me. This was the first time in 8 years that he wasn't with me for a trip home and they all just acted like nothing was different. Mabey I just take things too personally but that just really ticked me off,

This is actually more common of a human behavior than one might think and it really has nothing to do with hard-heartedness or insensitivity. In reality Kevin your family is completely ignorant of what to do so they do nothing. They also may be a bit fearful to discuss it too. I am afraid you will really need to rely on someone else to help you through the roughest spots of this sad situation. Surely you and Jon had at least one mutual friend who you can count on for this?

Just try to realize that your family cannot help you because of their own inabilities. It is not a lack of love for you or a disregard for your loss, inasmuch as it may appear so at times.

Wishing you all the best,
    Julie

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Kevin,

Glad you are feeling better. Remember that things almost always appear better in the light of day.

I think I told you once before that Jon wrote me a note when I was going through one of my panic attacks a few months back.

I was in such a black space that I didn't write him back. It makes me feel bad that he didn't know how thankful I was for his note that day. It didn't help me immediately, but it did help eventually and helped me to pull out of that black period. I think about that note often.

I hope that my note to you can represent a tiny bit of that love that Jon showed to me that day. Jon's body may be gone but his love lives on. I'm thankful that I got a small piece of it.

take care, see the doctor, don't stay alone even if you have to just go out and walk around the mall, smell the scents, hear the music, remember the good times you had.

find one person offline that you know you can call anytime for any reason.

big hugs

Joel

• Kristen
    Kristen

Thank you for letting us know you are okay Kevin. It is good that you have an appointment with your doctor Monday. Sometimes we need that extra help, ya know? I certainly know the relief of medication during very difficult times. Please stay in touch with us. There are many here who care about you.

Kristen

• radar
    radar

Kevin

Just caught your post.

"When down in the mouth, remember Jonah. He came out alright."

Hope this helps

Radar

Like all people who have nothing, I lived on dreams

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Kevin,
    I am glad you are still with us. I will never pretend I understand what you are going through. Please keep in touch, and maybe soon life will pick up for you.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• ISP
    ISP
    life sucks and then you die

Not always! Life can suck...but then it gets better........and you like it....and then you die!

ISP

• radar
    radar

Life can suck...but then it gets better........and you like it....and then you die!

ISP, your words of consolation are nearly as good as mine!

That's Watchtower training for you.

Radar

• ISP
    ISP

Didn't mean it to be bad Radar! I think Kevin has all the good advice up above!

ISP

• radar
    radar

ISP

Just jesting with ya, don't take it serious.

Radar

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Tell me about it....

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit