life sucks and then you die

by kevin221 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Undine
    Undine

Kevin,

There WILL be light at the end of this tunnel...and
    then life will return with all of its hard times, true,
    but don't forget about ALL OF LIFE'S GLORIOUS TIMES!!!!!!!

Right now you just have to HANG ON TIGHTLY AND DON'T LET GO.
    (I have visited dark places and gotten out of them. I know you
    can do it too!!!!!!!)

Love,
    Undine

• TR
    TR

Hey Kevin,

we're here for ya, man. More to life can be found, it just may be awkward for a while.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• think41self
    think41self

kevin,

I'm so sorry you are so low right now love

Jon wouldn't want you to feel this bad. Have you been to a doctor? A little medication to get you over the rough spots is nothing to be ashamed of...that's what it's there for. Email me or anyone else on this board if you need someone to talk to. We're here for you kevin, and we care.

Tracy

• siegswife
    siegswife

Kevin, we all die a little bit at different times during our lives. And we all grow a little bit from those times. What you're being told is true...it's the natural cycle of life. I'm sorry for your loss and pain. It takes awhile, sometimes a couple of years to get past the pain of losing someone you love. It WILL pass, and you'll come out of it stronger and with more understanding.

Please talk to someone...it WILL help some.

• Kristen
    Kristen

Kevin,
    Please let us know if you are okay.

((((HUGS)))))

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((Kev))))))))))) darling!!
    No doubt about it,life has it's rough and low times. And when we've lost a loved one,the first holiday without them is so very painful.I know,been there too sweetie. But guess what?
    You are the walking talking,loving living testament to them. You are the one who carries part of him with you in your heart,wherever you go! The strength and love of life that was his,is now yours!
    Do what he would have wanted you too! And that's live for yourself and for him,so not only your love,but his can shine thru you!
    Jon was a fighter! Fight to go and share the gifts he has given you with all!
    I often read his 'Mean Mutha Tina' mail he sent me.And I still laugh and appreciate the gift of himself that he shared.
    His gifts shine thru,the love,courage,ability to see humor in even moments of desperation. let them shine Kev,let them shine. That's what he would have wanted and insisted you do.
    Sending you mail doll. Major hugs and vibes of love going your way.Tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

cyberhugs and cyberkisses sweetie.

You KNOW you are loved!!!!

Dungbeetle

• joelbear
    joelbear

Does anyone have a way of contacting Kevin? If so, I think they should do so.

Kevin, please let us know you are alright.

Joel

• kevin221
    kevin221

Joel and everyone,

I'm somewhat better today. I'm just so tired of feeling like crap all of the time. I went to see my parents and no one even wanted to talk about Jon with me. This was the first time in 8 years that he wasn't with me for a trip home and they all just acted like nothing was different. Mabey I just take things too personally but that just really ticked me off, and then I got depressed and have been that way since. I did call my Dr. and am going to see him Monday so mabey he can get me on some new anti depressants, the ones I have now don't seem to be doing much good. I'm sorry if I scared anyone.

Take care,
    Kevin

• seven006
    seven006

Kevin,

People react to death in different ways. I myself do not deal with it very well and I tend to keep to myself and not say much. I don't know the story with you and your parents so I don't know if they were accepting of your and Jon's relationship. They may have felt that it would be better if they just didn't bring it up unless you specifically wanted to talk about it. Some people that are a bit advanced in age don't know how to communicate as well as the more open younger generation. Instead of looking at the negative you might want to consider a few positive thoughts. One is you have parents that you can go and visit with in the first place. Even though they did not talk about Jon you have the ability to talk with them about it if you want to. Many of us including Jon did not have that simple luxury in life. Another thought is you shared some time in your life with an incredible person and even though he is gone you still had the kind of a life partner that many of us can only dream about. Many people never find someone like that and we go around in life with a never filled void. I know that is hard to look at it that way but when it comes right down to it some enjoy life by reliving pleasant memories and bringing them to mid when we need them to comfort us.

I know you miss Jon and no one here can exactly understand how you fell because none of us know you or Jon on a face to face personal level. But, just
    developing a friendship with Jon and then you here on this board we can all see that you two are very special people. Your parents amy not be able to understand that, as they say, you can't pick your family. For the most part if I had a choice I don't think that I would choose my step dad or most of my brothers and sisters as a friend if they weren't related to me. The family tie is strong when it is held together by all ends of the tie. Give your parents a little slack, they just might not be able to understand your feelings enough to say something that would be comforting to you. They do care about you Kevin, they just may not know how to always show that.

Take care pal, you know you always have someone to talk to here. It may not be as effective as a big hug and sharing a nice cocktail together but it's very reassuring in it's own right.

Your pal,

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit