Man Goes In Hospital For Circumcision, Docs Remove Penis Instead!

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh Jesus - that is awful

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, imagine that happening to you?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Personally I would want my insurance deductible back.

Rub a Dub

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

After reading the wikipedia entry (linked by prior poster - sorry, I forget who it was), it appears that in some cases, circumcision is a possible treatment for some penile cancers.

My guess at this point is that possibly the patient knew there was a problem but did not fully discuss the treatment options and outcomes with the doctor. Many times doctors will address a variety of surgical issues and extremes before surgery is even scheduled.

Clearly a communication breakdown.

Wonder if the patient signed waiver for the surgeon to do more extensive/radical treatment.

-Aude.

• ninja
    ninja

statement of the month goes to oddy........."Clearly a communication breakdown.".......he aint downloading any songs to his wife's i-pod ever again

• arwen
    arwen

This thread sure made me laugh today....Thanks.. We are such a witty bunch..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Not a good time to lose one's head..."

• DJK
    DJK

"Paging Dr Bobbit"

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

If there was more 'cancer' found; in my experience, a pathologist; that works directly with most folks during operations regarding cancer etc., would have ... hopefully .... awaited this man's post-operative recovery.

THEN: discuss the 'other' cancer.

Let him decide. You know it's going to be detremental; but if it could save his life; let him have the final say.

With women, they have some say in their breast cancer recovery programme. If it is not necessarily breast cancer; perhaps cervical. Women have all too often in the past have been vacant from their own post-operative recovery; thus they're left with little resources.

Men with varying conditions: if you get prostate cancer; that's bad enough.

If you have testicular cancer: you're options are similar, but at least you (hopefully) have 1 good one left (not the same as an ovary: but similary).

My good friend had a testical removed due to cancer: he's doing absolutely A-OK 2 years later.

• zagor
    zagor

Mind you, this should be mandatory for any dub ever convicted of a child abuse, freaks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit