The new Ice Age Cometh!

by Gill 221 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

Honestly this is like debating with young earth creationists.

Harry Peloyan's effors in the Creation book with misquotes, non-experts and ancient evidence are like an advert for good science compared to Inhofe's techniques.

His 400 experts are a mix of retired TV weathermen, economists and other assorted subject matter experts bankrolled from the oil industry - shame their subject wasn't climate. All ably abetted by one Michael Crichton, science fiction writer. Wow - help when we need it from a real expert - scientology anyone? His 'debunking' has subsequently been debunked.

Inhofe is a denier - he is not a skeptic. He is quoted as saying global warming is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.

His place in history is assured.

No need to get into a cut and paste war here so i won't - there's enough info out there.

It comes down to whether you want to do the right thing for the planet or not.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I have only 'spot' read this thread, but I can see one thing very clearly already;:

The term, "GLOBAL WARMING" HAS BEEN SACKED.

Now, "CLIMATE CHANGE" will be the new phrase. Wonder what happened to good old global warming being such a fact?

Now we are going to freeze our asses off. I can see it now-------headline alert----"please DO NOT conserve fuel any more--we need the greenhouse gasses to help warm up the atmosphere----

Who would have guessed?

Brant

• besty
    besty

welcome to the madhouse Brant

would you say you are a denier, skeptic or resigned to being able to do nothing about climate change?

• besty
    besty

@ Brant - in answer to the misconception that climate change has replaced global warming

What is the difference between "global warming" and "climate change?""Global warming" refers to the increase of the Earth's average surface temperature, due to a build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. "Climate change" is a broader term that refers to long-term changes in climate, including average temperature and precipitation.

And the source of this info:

http://www.pewclimate.org/global-warming-basics/kidspage.cfm#Q3

My apologies to Gill earlier on this thread I made the same error in confusing climate change and global warming as being substitutional.

• Robdar
    Robdar

What you are really saying is that you are wonderful and I can be wonderful like you if I do the right thing for the planet by believing like you.

LMAO

Have a good night.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hi all.

I kinda chuckle at the increasingly popular use of "climate change". So now it's climate change eh? What happened to just Global Warming? The term implies that climate stasis is the norm. Now that's funny.

• besty
    besty
    What you are really saying is that you are wonderful and I can be wonderful like you if I do the right thing for the planet by believing like you.

No, don't re-intepret what I said please. What I said was:

meaning that even if we differ on climate change theory, doing the right thing for the planet will ensure the best possible outcome, even if the international scientific consensus is wrong. There is no downside to doing the right thing, with significant upside.

If you were a professional gambler or a CEO you would take those odds all day long.

To further clarify I'm talking at a governmental, national and international scale - you and I guzzling gas or recycling glass is immaterial.

• besty
    besty

@freewilly

take the trouble to scroll up two posts above your own to answer your own question

your post is lazy and adds little value, other than to those who were wondering what makes you chuckle

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Back atcha Besty. The above posts you cite were written while I was writing my post. So I guess your emotional swipe kinda backfired. But don't worry I won't call you an idiot.

I will call you naive though: " even if the international scientific consensus is wrong. There is no downside to doing the right thing, with significant upside." You fail to grasp basic economics which of course have profound effects on the environment. But you knew that right?

• besty
    besty

the timestamp on my post is 18:41 and yours is 19:39 - please tell me it didn't take you 57 minutes to compose your post :-)

or am I missing something? happy to stand corrected....:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit