The new Ice Age Cometh!

by Gill 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Besty, still waiting to see your scientific, published opinion.

• ninja
    ninja

btw....some members of that club of rome?....

Al Gore
    Maurice Strong
    Robert Muller....(also see his links with the lucis trust...formerly known as the lucifer trust)
    Ted Turner
    David Rockefeller
    Sir Crispin Tickell...(chairman of the gaia society)....find out more for yourself

it's all an agenda ...... we are being manipulated by their gaiaorrhoea

for more on the green agenda...http://green-agenda.com/

• Gill
    Gill

Great post, Ninja!

War makes money. The human races current world war is against 'global warming' and this makes money for the super rich.

One thing I find interesting is that years ago,when this new enemy was discovered it was called 'global warming' and then it changed and evolved into 'climate change.' As it becomes obvious that global warming is not happening then we will be fighting the ice age or something else.

Someone somewhere will make money from it.

BUT, I really want to know why there is such a high demand from the super rich at the moment for huge yachts that it is outstripping supply. Why are they so afraid of being on land now or in the future. What are the buggers up to?

Where are the pirates when you need them?

• besty
    besty
    3 - I don't have enought time to become enough of an expert on every subject - do I need a Professorship in neo-Assyrian archaeology to decide whether Babylon was destroyed in 587 or 607? Do I need a Doctorate in ancient Greek grammar to make my mind up on the correct translation on John 1:1? Same applies to climate change.

So tens of thousands of peer-reviewed papers aren't sufficient evidence for you Robdar? For the reasons I already gave Gill (do keep up please) I won't be publishing a paper on this or any other subject.

Congratulation BTW on progressing from primary to secondary denial - you have successfully made the mental leap from 'climate change is not happening' to 'wait a minute, we need more data'.

Why not read the Sigma Xi report and the IPCC report and progres to the next stage of wanting to do something about it?

• ninja
    ninja

hey satanus....true about the vacuum....they tell us in that document though what "they propose" to fill it....as I asked earlier....is it even remotely possible we are being manipulated by the powers that be?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    3 - I don't have enought time to become enough of an expert on every subject - do I need a Professorship in neo-Assyrian archaeology to decide whether Babylon was destroyed in 587 or 607? Do I need a Doctorate in ancient Greek grammar to make my mind up on the correct translation on John 1:1? Same applies to climate change.

So tens of thousands of peer-reviewed papers aren't sufficient evidence for you Robdar? For the reasons I already gave Gill (do keep up please) I won't be publishing a paper on this or any other subject.

Congratulation BTW on progressing from primary to secondary denial - you have successfully made the mental leap from 'climate change is not happening' to 'wait a minute, we need more data'.

Why not read the Sigma Xi report and the IPCC report and progres to the next stage of wanting to do something about it?

Um, dude, you need to do your research more carefully, I didn't post the above. Try to get the facts straight before you shoot off your mouth.

Your comments are also factually incorrect.

Science never stops when an agreement has been made - it's a continuous process with progress in understanding as a goal that will never result in 'final agreement' in the way you allude to.

Let me fill in your colander of a response with some facts:

The most recent United Nations sponsored report on climate change was issued in February 2007 by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The report told us that the broadest consensus of climate experts in the world drawing on some tens of thousands of peer reviewed scientific studies, concluded that the reality of global warming is 'unequivocal' and that there is strong evidence that this increase in global temperature since 1950 is directly attributable to greenhouse gas emissions from human activity.

The IPCC also concluded that without a massive reduction in human-created CO2 emmissions climate change may bring "abrupt or irreversible" effects on air, oceans, glaciers, land, coastlines and species. IPCC Chairman Rajendra Pachauri told reporters "if there's no action before 2012, thats too late. What we do in the next two or three years will determine our future. This is the defining moment."

If you want more consensus then research Sigma Xi "Confronting Climate Change", or you could put your head back in the sand.

Besty, amazingly enough, scientist agree on any number of things but perhaps my trying to type with one hand and bounce a baby with the other caused me to simplify things too much. Sorry about that. However, global warming being attributed to human interference is not something that all climatologists agree upon. As a matter of fact, some figures I've seen seem to suggest that less than half of the climatologists agree that human activitiy is contributing to global warming. http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=927b9303-802a-23ad-494b-dccb00b51a12

Natural fluctuations occur in the earth's climate. It's a fact. It's been occuring since before man left his first footprint here and is likely to continue long after we are gone.

Please keep your smarty pants attitude to yourself. My head is not in the sand. It may surpise you to know that I have been reading about climate change for about 10 years now. It is apparent that something is happening; however, I am not convinced that its cause is human. You are free to believe whatever you want. Just don't expect me to go there.

• besty
    besty

Post some links to the evidence you mention Gill and I'll be happy to take a look.

The EPICA team in Antartica have icecore evidence that paleoclimatologists have used to publish findings on climate going back 740,000 years covering 8 glacial periods. Their findings do not contradict but support climate change theory.

Yet again Gill you go back to Al Gore - he is a popularizer of the message, not the message. Leave him out of it unless he is the problem.

Is child abuse a spiritual sin to be dealt with by the congregation or a criminal matter for the police to deal with?

Is climate change a matter for politicians or scientists?

If climate change is science then a consensus view will form , if it is a political matter then there are two sides to choose between. I take the view that it is a matter for science, and therefore I adopt the consensus view.

(Likewise alledged child abusers should be referred to the police, not the local Joe-Bob window cleaner elder)

If climate change theory is a hoax the worst that can happen is cleaner air, more biodiversity, respect for the planet and perhaps a more enlightened foreign policy by America.

If climate change deniers are wrong there will be a sorry epitaph written for our generation that fiddled while the earth burned.

It's cold, there's very little sunshine and we'll see what happens in the next hundred years of so.

Thats just North Yorkshire here in LA its warm and sunny 320/365.

• besty
    besty

@Robdar

Um, dude, you need to do your research more carefully, I didn't post the above.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/165999/3073917/post.ashx#3073917

I posted it as a re-post of a point I already made to Gill. You evidently are not reading the thread with any comprehension. Get your facts right etc...

However, global warming being attributed to human interference is not something that all climatologists agree upon.

Yes I agree that you will rarely get 100% of people to agree on all details. Once again the CONSENSUS view is that anthropogenic warming is occuring.

Natural fluctuations occur in the earth's climate.

Well yes I concede that the climate has not been identical every day for the past few billion years. I'm unclear as to the point you are making here. The consensus view is that anthropogenic warming is occuring ie beyond what is expected from natural variation.

I checked your link and couldn't find anything specific to back up the point you were making.

• Robdar
    Robdar

at Besty. You're an alright kinda guy.

I copied the web address from the senate site only to realize later that it goes to the home page. Let me look it over it again and maybe I can copy & paste the actual document.

• besty
    besty

@Ninja and Gill

If its a conspiracy to control the western masses, what is in it for China to adopt stringent renewable energy targets?

http://www.ccchina.gov.cn/en/NewsInfo.asp?NewsId=5371

Come on people - don't replace two magickmen in the sky with this conspiracy stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit