The new Ice Age Cometh!

by Gill 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Robdar - The polar bears may well survive and adapt superbly.

Hopefully, if there is an ice age, there won't be so many of them that we end up being their dinner!

Virtually all of the different forms of life that have ever existed on this planet have become extinct.

Fossil evidence exists that homo sapien sapien, ie modern man has existed for possibly millions of years and outlived virtually all species.

But our time may even come.....eventually. But maybe not. I don't suppose any of us here will be around long enough to know the ultimate end of homo sapien sapien.

• besty
    besty

@ Witness007

P.S Srew you Global warming Hippies!

Reminds me never to argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hey "Besty" I know you are but what am I?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robdar - The polar bears may well survive and adapt superbly.

Hopefully, if there is an ice age, there won't be so many of them that we end up being their dinner!

Virtually all of the different forms of life that have ever existed on this planet have become extinct.

Fossil evidence exists that homo sapien sapien, ie modern man has existed for possibly millions of years and outlived virtually all species.

But our time may even come.....eventually. But maybe not. I don't suppose any of us here will be around long enough to know the ultimate end of homo sapien sapien.

Gill, what you say is true. I know it in my heart and in my mind. But that doesn't stop me from weeping for the polar bears. Sometimes life sucks so much--not just for mankind but for all life on earth.

• Gill
    Gill

Robdar - We all fear the inevitable....death. We empathise with others and fear the unknown.

I think it is Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, who says that death is just another path we must take. But it seems to me, that it is 'life' that we should fear more than death.

The suffering of others, be it animal or human is painful to see but the reason and answer must be out there somewhere.

I feel there is nothing to fear in death and that we will always be with out loved ones.....but how that is so, we have to wait and see.

That there is nothing to fear in death is, I think, the great secret that those who rule us do not want us to know, hence all the nonsensical religious mysticism that is used to control us.

Perhaps our polar bears suffered and died but they moved on to their next great adventure.

The polar bears fate makes us aware of that ultimate reality that we are powerless in certain circumstances and we cannot stop bad things from happening.

That awful reality, powerlessness is frightening.

We see the poweful polar bear brought to nothing and we empathise with its suffering.

But remember, THEY want you to believe that you / we caused it by driving our car / switching on an extra lightbulb etc.

• besty
    besty

Wow Gill - I'm truly stunned at the progress we are making on this thread. Not only have you alerted scientists to include the effect of the sun in their climate models but now in addition it seems that mankind is irrelevant as a factor. The poor scientists may as well start again.

I find your view grossly disrespectful to the work of thousands of scientists over many decades who have no axe to grind here - they follow the scientific method of observing the evidence, developing hypotheses etc. Finally they may publish a paper that can be reviewed by all their peers and gradually a global consensus develops. By the nature of their methos the consensus tends toward caution, so if anything are understating the problem. Amongst more valid reasons for caution, they don't want idiots like Witness007 accusing them of being over-dramatic.

Instead you focus on Al Gore, a soft target, because he has a big house. Come on. If he has private sector work going on to his own benefit whilst the public sector attempts to regulate and incentivise a solution to the problem, so what? Thats what make change happen. Would you prefer your world without taxes and the private sector?

Lets hear your review of a scientific paper that you so effortlessly disparage. Perhaps we could publish your opinion and get that reviewed. Not.

• Gill
    Gill

Besty!

Yes!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Polar bears? So what! Who cried for the Mammoths and Sabertooth Tigers frozen solid in Siberia only me...normal evolution of the climate there is no JEHOVAH protecting the poor bears......Besty you are still such a Jehovah's Witness! {my worst insult possible}

• Gill
    Gill

Besty - Who comes up with the money to pay for the work of all those thousands of poor scientist who I have been so grossly disrespectful too?

I admit to not having more than an A level in Geography which means I am not a great scientist BUT I do know the basics of how the Earth works and I knew global warming was total bull shit when I first heard about it.

Every proper scientist, unlike the uneducated peasant that I am, who has tried to over turn global warming gravey train has had their funding cut.

'Nuf said.

Make of it what you want.

I don't really give a flying fart!

All will become obvious in time.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    olar bears? So what! Who cried for the Mammoths and Sabertooth Tigers frozen solid in Siberia only me...normal evolution of the climate there is no JEHOVAH protecting the poor bears.

So, nobody that you know of cried for the Mammoths and Sabertooth tigers? Are you sure? And btw, who said anything about Jehovah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit