VOTE YOUR "SILVER BULLET" QUESTION

by V 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Two children raised in the same 2nd gen witness family. One gets baptised at age 13 after pressure from parents, friends and local elders. The other resists baptism. When the kids turn 16, the baptized one is found smoking a cigarette. The non-baptized one ditches school, smokes pot, and is sexually active.

Baptized kid eventually gets DF'd because s/he can't take the pressure from parents and elders, tells the off in a heat of rage and is DF'd for bad attitude.

Both move out when they are 18. By 20 they are settled, in school and working.

One is accepted in the family and the other is still shunned.

How is this loving? How can this possibly be OK with god? How can so many people just go along with these horrific life-long sanctions??

How is it loving or responsible to allienate a teenager - or anyone - at a time when they most need love, support and understanding?

Separate question -

Why is it OK to accept blood factions received from blood donators but not OK to donate blood yourself? (This may not be a good question as it may encourage a JW to refuse blood components that would otherwise be allowed. This is why I refused blood even though I was inactive for many years.)

-Aude.

• sir82
    sir82

"I remember seeing on Dateline that if a child molester shares in your door to door work, he is always accompanied by another Witness......I see there are 2 of you here...so, which one of you is the child molester?"

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Can you show me where secular historians confirm that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607?

-Aude.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    "I remember seeing on Dateline that if a child molester shares in your door to door work, he is always accompanied by another Witness......I see there are 2 of you here...so, which one of you is the child molester?"

Yes! I vote for this one! StAnn

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

If you don't mind V is this project for the general public to have responses to JWs when they're at their door or is it for ex-Witnesses to stump current Jehovah's Witnesses?

Something like this would be good for an ex-JW to ask:

Can you show me where secular historians confirm that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607?

However for someone who is not familiar with all the teachings the answer would be simple for a JW to answer and the poor householder would be none the wiser and completely sucked in. The JW would simply say:

The Jews returned to Jerusalem in 537 BCE after the decree of Cyrus when he defeated Babylon. The Bible says that the Jews would be servants of Babylon for 70 years (which they might even have the scripture handy). Therefore we subtract 70 years from 537 BCE to get 607 BCE.

This just opens up a HUGE can of worms because I've seen the discussions between people who know what they're talking about. The conversation gets to be ridiculously deep. The householder in this case needs to know that 537 BCE wasn't a definite date for the return of the Jews, in fact it probably wasn't. They also need to know that nowhere is the 70 years of servitude correlated to the time of slavery in Babylon, and they need to know where to prove it. They then need to show the scriptures that back the temple was destroyed in 587 BCE, and they need to have the evidence that shows the date the scripture was written in order to show the date 587 BCE. This is not even to mention that the JWs will reject the 587 date at face value and will not accept the date given for the scriptures proving 587 date unless you show them from Watchtower literature. You could go the route of using the Babylonian Kings but seriously what person is going to have this handy.

Now I fully recognize that your questions asked for secularly verified, but they're not there for a secular discussion, they're there for a biblical one. Hence they will use the bible and anything in the bible trumps ANY scientific evidence. I mean these are the same people who believe in a literal Genesis.

My understanding of Silver-Bullet question was a one shot, shut them the f**k up question, without having to enter into a gigantic theological and dogmatic debate.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

'Can you provide comprehensive evidence that proves an invisible Jesus Christ descended from heaven in 1919 and chose the Watchtower as the only organization on earth worthy of his name?"

• Dagney
    Dagney

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses encourage if not expect children to be baptized when Jesus was 30 years old before he was baptized?

• V
    V

Thank you for all the ideas. Some of the questions are more complex, but so good I plan to devote videos to that topic alone.

One of the questions will be on blood fractions. Keep them coming!

If you don't mind V is this project for the general public to have responses to JWs when they're at their door or is it for ex-Witnesses to stump current Jehovah's Witnesses?

This is targeted for the general public. The videos will include all the backup documentation needed to eliminate weasel-room, including PDF downloads.

V

• JeffT
    JeffT

Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be Christians, but deny that Jesus is the mediator between most people and God. Please explain.

This is the issue that pushed my wife out of the JW's. She re-read the 1979 Watchtowers on the subject and couldn't square it with her understanding of Christianity. I made this statement to a JW at the door, who insisted I had my facts wrong. I told him where to go look and come back after he did his research. Never saw him again.

• LDH
    LDH

Does Jehovah only want old dehydrated white men to lead his church?

How is it possible for the Governing Body, who never had families, to tell you what is ok for your family to do?

What things does your CHRISTIAN CONSCIENCE allow you to do? Vote? Celebrate birthdays? Holidays? Anything that goes against the WBTS teachings? So you have no Christian freedom? You have unity of belief, do you?

So, if every does exactly the same things in lock step, where does anyone get to use their Christian Conscience that Jesus promised you would have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit