Autism Times six.. on discovery health

by Cc81 92 Replies latest social family

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Wow, this thread devolved pretty fast. i was gonna chime in with something, but i think I'll just move along....

• LDH
    LDH
    My other two children are very happy, in part because they're not aware of the nonsense my oldest son was exposed to.

Based on this schematic, if they were sexually abused or physically abused they'd never know the difference there either.

Look--you can do what you want to do. All I know is how difficult it is (physically, financially, morally) to raise two completely healthy children and expose them to the best life has to offer. I have a workmate who can't even afford the *ucking 6 kids he has, and yet his wife is getting surgery so they can have two more!!!!!

Only the ignorant pop babies out without a financial plan. Only the ignorant allow their children to breeze through school on the hopes that there's a scholarship somewhere out there that will help them go to school. Only the ignorant pop out babies without regard to planning exactly how it is they're going to parent that child.

Because the rest of us know, that even with a plan things go awry.

I am sorry and don't mean to offend anyone, but the natural life cycle says that moms and dads don't really have to change diapers much after the age of 2. I would not and could not intentionally bring a child into this world that did not have the capability of growing into a normal human.

St. Ann for your other two there is always therapy.

• LDH
    LDH
    No? Then, by all means, they should keep having kids until one starts doing that.

Exactly.

If there is one message I could get across to poor women worldwide it would be to STOP HAVING GODD@MN BABIES!!!!

This is what Margaret Sanger fought so hard for. Women if you don't know who this is, you should be shamed into learning.

Initially met with fierce opposition to her ideas, Sanger gradually won some support, both in the public as well as in the courts, for a woman's choice to decide how and when, if ever, she will bear children. In her drive to open the way to universal access to birth control, Sanger was a controversial figure whom some now consider ahead of her time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not going to out this person becasue they've said this before here but there is a much loved poster on this board who I believe is one of the most intelligent persons I have the pleasure of knowing and who happens to be on the autism spectrum.

I have an autistic child. He's my last child and no he wasn't planned. He's a real oops. Had him even though I had an IUD. Didn't really want another child and after I had him I got my tubes lasered. He's a handfull but I'm so glad he's mine.

• LDH
    LDH

That was your choice and I completely support your right to that choice.

Besides, Pookybear is a cute name. LOL.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's been fairly recently that they've begunt to understand asperger's syndrome and other types of high functioning autism. My sister always thought my son was autistic. But I thought he was way too intelligent and normal to be autistic. He was diagnosed with ADHD instead. Now I see Asperger's written allover him, but it's too late to really help him. He's on his own and he is 24. There are some who think Andy is an aspy. I think it's very possible.

How severe is the autism of the children in the documentary? Are they all different in the spectrum of things?

The priest gave a sermon on Sunday about the difference between justice and fairness. He said the two are used interchangeably, but they are different concepts. I mention this, because some say they do not feel sorry for these parents. I don't feel sorry for them. I do feel that all people deserve kind support in their lives though. There was a time when people looked out for each other, without all the judging. And the world was a kinder, gentler place.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just did a google search on "Autism times Six" and guess what site is first? This one...this thread...I can't say that I'm too happy about since the tone of this thread for the most part seems to be a bid heartless. Be that as it may here's a link that goes into the family makeup of the ATS family (it's not a bad read, oh and ya might want to read some of the comments too) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/Story?id=4245377&page=1

Josie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

AnneB:

If you knew a woman who had 7 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you think she should stop having children?

Her 8th child was Beethoven.

Live and let live.

If only the idiot who made up that insidious irrelevant piece of nonsense had been aborted, we wouldn't have to see it everytime the A word is mentioned.

• Cc81
    Cc81

They are all interesting points. and everybody is entitled to their own thought or feeling on the matter. I happen to agree a little bit with everyone. i started this thread simply because it was a thought that crossed my mind after seeing the preview. My best friend has a little boy, he is 4 now. And he has severe autism. I love this child. He is like a nephew to me. But i also know how hard it has been for my friend. She has personally made the decision not to have any more children simply for the fact that she wants to focus on her son and help him. That was her decision. I am not saying it is right or it is wrong. And i was not saying that the family having six children with autism was wrong. It was their choice.I just know how hard it is to care for one child with a handicap. I cannot imagine having six of them.. I feel that if i was in that situation that i would have stopped after 2 or 3 and focused on the ones i had. Like i said before.. i don't believe in abortion myself. so if i knew a child was going to be handicap i would continue the pregnancy.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Did anyone see Oprah today? She was talking about autism and apparently there are kids who are getting cured by their "warrior parents".

Oprah's an idiot. She propagates misinformation (like vaccinations are the cause of autism) and her herds of followers believe it. She's almost like a cult leader...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit