Autism Times six.. on discovery health

by Cc81 92 Replies latest social family

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm not convinced about the immunizations and autism BUT the government has settled either six or nine lawsuits, giving parents large settlements when their children developed autism after being immunized.

My autistic son was born with some of the myelin in his brain missing. Immunizations were not a factor. It was obvious from birth that something was wrong but he wasn't diagnosed until he was three years old.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Based on this schematic, if they were sexually abused or physically abused they'd never know the difference there either.

LDH, they're not comatose. They know when something hurts and they certainly would know if they were physically or sexually abused. They may not be able to state it in those words, but they'd know and act out. They just can't understand the subtleties of mind control and disfellowshipping and conditional love.

I don't know why you've chosen to be so hurtful and so mean.

StAnn

• PEC
    PEC

Discovery likes to publicize the irresponsible. e.g. Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kids by the Dozen, The Woman With Half a Body, Autism X 6.

Philip

• LDH
    LDH

Hurtful and mean?!?!?

St Ann, you made the comment that your handicapped child is the happiest because he wasn't manipulated by the JWs .....

My point, which went right over your head, is that only makes that child RELATIVELY happy. Your two 'normal' children, who according to you are not doing well because of JW issues, well they can take therapy that will HELP them with that issue to live a normal and full life. That is not a possibility for your handicapped child. That was my point...not to be hurtful or mean.

Mrs. Jones, I have many women friends who were surprised with pregnancies well into their 40's. We know now those are HIGH RISK PREGNANCIES, period. You did make a choice to continue the pregnancy and that was your right. No one knows what tomorrow brings, just maybe one of my children might have a horrible disease. We started this out by talking about why a family would keep spinning the roulette wheel when they have disabled children already. The only reason I even slightly would have been referring to you is that you had a hig risk pregnancy. That's it.

To ME personally, I would never do that.

I think science has brought us far enough that we are not animals, we do have reproductive rights and responsibilities as humans in 2008. We are not baby breeding machines.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Many times, those with "special needs" children feel that the state should help provide for them. Schools must hire extra personnel to help, many times in classes with only a few children, because it is very time consuming to deal with several disabled children.

I understand if a person has a child with special needs, then a second, but then, get a clue, there may be more. I don't feel that I should have to help support them.

Not to pick on you Quandry, but here is something very sobering for you and others who agree with your sentiments to deeply ponder.

Following is a Nazi Propaganda poster with similar, very dangerous sentiment. It's dangerous because there is a thin line between that kind of thinking and the cold hearted, murderous philosophy of the Nazi party to those they considered genetically inferior and a "burden to society":

Underneath it you will find the English translation.

http://www.crestock.com/blog/design/german-propaganda-posters-from-the-20th-century-129.aspx

German retro propaganda poster60 000 Reichsmarks is how much this mentally handicapped person will cost society throughout his life. Citizens, this is your money too. Read "New People" - The monthly magazine of the office for race policy of the NSDAP - 1938

"Unlike the first poster, in the second one there isn't even the slightest attempt at concealing the theme behind a pretty facade. It's one of the thematically most straight forward Nazi posters I've seen, and it's just as ugly as the idea behind it. It was an attempt at justifying to the German public the killing of handicapted people, due to matters of economy and racial hygiene.

In what was known as the T4 program, between 200 000 and 250 000 disabled children, and later also adults, were killed in Germany and the occupied areas. Due to widespread public opposition in Germany, the program officially ended in 1941, but the killings continued in less systematic forms in Germany, and on a much larger scale in the east."

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I'm not convinced about the immunizations and autism BUT the government has settled either six or nine lawsuits

I am not certain, but I believe there was only one case.. back in March 08. You might find this information interesting: Neuroscience blog link

It seems this child had a rare mitochondrial disorder that may have interacted negatively with vaccines. The child does not even have autism; it is some other regressive disorder.

We definitely should continue the search to see if we can figure out the cause(s) of autism, but the vaccine link has been exhaustively beaten to death...there's nothing there. We need to look elsewhere.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Looks like it was late 2007, not March 2008. (Tried editing the post but got an error.)

• LDH
    LDH

FHM That is the worst kind of propoganda!

No one is talking about murdering children or adults.

We are talking about making responsible, well-informed reproductive decisions.

How you make the leap of logic to eugenics is beyond me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We are talking about making responsible, well-informed reproductive decisions.

How you make the leap of logic to eugenics is beyond me.

I said there is a thin line between Nazi Eugenics propaganda and the thinking of the quoted poster : the idea that mentally handicapped children are a burden to the taxpayer. I didn't say that anyone is advocating murder. It's something to very seriously ponder. When people feel there should not be special teachers and classes for handicapped and challenged children because they feel they are paying for it and it's a burden.

I decided to stop with two children. Birth control worked for me. I was very fortunate. I don't mind my taxes paying for programs that take care of the challenged. I do mind paying taxes to bail out banks, corporations and so on. I also mind paying taxes for a bogus war that costs billions of dollars and sends home dead and maimed soldiers and.... But, hey, thus is life. I'd rather help out some unfortunate kids. They can't help who their parents are, the six autistic children.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Hurtful and mean?!?!?

St Ann, you made the comment that your handicapped child is the happiest because he wasn't manipulated by the JWs .....

My point, which went right over your head, is that only makes that child RELATIVELY happy. Your two 'normal' children, who according to you are not doing well because of JW issues, well they can take therapy that will HELP them with that issue to live a normal and full life. That is not a possibility for your handicapped child. That was my point...not to be hurtful or mean.

Mrs. Jones, I have many women friends who were surprised with pregnancies well into their 40's. We know now those are HIGH RISK PREGNANCIES, period. You did make a choice to continue the pregnancy and that was your right. No one knows what tomorrow brings, just maybe one of my children might have a horrible disease. We started this out by talking about why a family would keep spinning the roulette wheel when they have disabled children already. The only reason I even slightly would have been referring to you is that you had a hig risk pregnancy. That's it.

To ME personally, I would never do that.

I think science has brought us far enough that we are not animals, we do have reproductive rights and responsibilities as humans in 2008. We are not baby breeding machines.

You said my "two children" could get therapy. I have one "normal" child and two special needs children, which I clearly stated. Thus, when you said my "two children" could get therapy, I logically assumed you were talking about my two special needs children.

My "normal" child has been in therapy. I was in therapy for five years. I would say my special needs children, who may be RELATIVELY happy, are happier than my normal son and I are because they have not been raped by the WTS. Isn't everyone only RELATIVELY happy, relative to their situation in life?

Just because Mrs. Jones had a pregnancy in her 40s doesn't mean she should automatically assume there will be a major disability and abort. Geez. More women who have babies in their 40s have normal children than have special needs children. Get a grip.

You say "science has brought us far enough that we are not animals." I don't think so. Your attitude of abhorring any child who is less than perfect, which is all children, and wanting them murdered before they are even born, reminds me of a rabbit I once had who ate her young. That is not unusual in a rabbit but should be foreign to a human. However, given the number of babies who've been killed by abortion these past 30+ years since Roe V. Wade and the current war on the disabled, science has actually helped people to hone their animalistic tendencies and squelch their humanity, all in the name of "progress."

If you can't see that your attitude toward special needs children, and possibly all children, and the current trend in our nation to euthanize the elderly and the severely disabled aren't connected, you need glasses.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit