38 years, are these people friends ???

by lancelink 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((( lance )))))))))))))))

• Aculama
    Aculama

I'm sorry for your loss. When we lose someone close to us, friend's and family's support are very important. When people are in a cult they are encouraged to focus on fear of working for their salvation. They are so focused on what they need to do to secure salvation for themselves that they forget the people around them. God teaches us that you gain life by giving your life away. This is what a real Christian or friend will do. I hope you find both! God bless you!

• iloowy
    iloowy

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I too have lost a parent and it is a difficult time to go through.

If you've been working on fading, it's probably a good thing only one person called you... that means it's working.

If it weren't for my wife's dedication to always read the obituaries every day in the paper I wouldn't know whose relative of who has passed away. I'm not in the Kingdom Hall rumor mill for those types of things anymore.

As social beings that we are we need other people through life to share experiences with, don't we? I'm glad to have found this forum and others too where people can understand my experiences with the WTS. I'm sure you do too. It's good to have folks here express themselves with thoughts similar to one's own, knowing we understand.

Again I'm sorry to know you're going through this in your life. And I offer you my condolences and assurance that you are understood and your thoughts are appreciated. It is definitely tough. Rely on those who offer comfort, don't worry about the rest for the time being. Keep doing what you feel is the right thing to do. I hope this helps.

With sincere sorrow and a hug of understanding.

--ILOOWY

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Lance...... I am very sorry to hear your mom passed away . We need our friends at those times in our life . I lost my mom over a year ago and even though witnesses came to her visitation and funeral ....none of my so called friends came over to see me personally ,after 27 yrs.in the same congregation ....that hurt . I don't understand how witnesses can turn off their emotions so easily. One of the reasons I could no longer be counted among them ...I am not like them ,and didn't want to try to be like them .

• tastyrerun
    tastyrerun

First off, let me say how sorry I am for your loss. It is really tragic.

It is especially tragic the way Witnesses treat former members in situations like this. I had recently left the Org back in 2005 when my 32-year-old brother died unexpectedly of blood clots that formed in his legs and went into his lungs. My brother and I had been inseparable our whole lives, being only 14-months different in age. Rhett was a pioneer, an MS, and widely known and loved. I'd say there were close to 2,000 people at his funeral. Almost all of these people, ones I had known my whole life, shunned me even there. I never received a single card, or flower, or phone call, or visit while my Witness family members were inundated with support and sympathy and visitors. Hours after I learned of his death and went to the house where I was raised to mourn the passing of my brother, my step-mother suggested I leave the premises as it would be more "dignified". People I had known my whole life referred to me in the third person while I was standing right in front of them at my brothers funeral, as if it were I who had died and not him. I will never forget how cold, how vicious, how unloving and inhuman was the treatment I received at the hands of my former "Brothers" and "Sisters" once I no longer believed their religion. They couldn't even have basic compassion towards me as a young man who had just lost his life-long best friend, his closest brother.

Ryan
    XJW Net: The new social network for former Jehovah's Witnesses

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So sorry for the loss of your Mom... and I know it doesn't feel good to discover that people you thought were your friends are not.

Hugs to you,
    Baba.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

HAVE LOST BOTH OF MINE SO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. AFTER 33 YEARS I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT FRIENDS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit