Will the collapse of the US financial system lead to an increase in JW's?

by jwfacts 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah poor folks need a God to pray to....where as rich folks can pay instead of pray.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It might over a short term just like after 9/11. All the inactives went running back (not me). I am sure most have drifted away by now.

I am sure many JWs are hoping the financial system collapses.

They didn't save any money and are horrified about having to make a living in 'this system' with no education and a failing economy. I guess they feel if everything collapses it will 'level the playing field'. Misery loves company. But, guess what? If everything did collapse and the end doesn't come, what then?

LHG

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    1914BS: I thought that the end of false religion was to come first

Well, it did already. For you and a few others. Actually it snowballed. You all are the Great Apostacy. What does that tell you about timeline?

Actually, what is happening is called PLANNED CHAOS. Very effective. Once people are overwhelmed...here we go again Problem-reaction-solution.

People are more submissive when the rug gets pulled out from under them.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not think so!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surged ahead 400 points today. Let's hope it keeps going up.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080918/wall_street.html

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The 9-11 bump in my area was at least 15-20% but it only lasted about 3 weeks. When another attack didn't happen right away, or people remembered why the stopped coming to begin with, the numbers went right back to normal. Its kind of like a gym in January. Its completely crowed with folks trying to live up to their New Years Resolutions. By mid-Feb, its right back to the same old folks. The only difference I could see is that if we hit a major depression like the 30s, they could spin it into a 2014 date. I don't know how, but they've done it before and I'm sure they'll do it again. I really think its a matter of time before we go through another depression anyway. Its been over 70 years which means we're probably due. These things run in cycles.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would think hard times and republican thinking are great recruitment tools for the Borg.

• OBVES
    OBVES

You will not find a true single christian servant today who is not submerged in the end-time issues if we really are living in the endtime .What christian he would be not knowing we live in the end-time era and the endtime must finally end ?

No other religious book like the Bible speaks so much about the end of the world ! So no wonder this book must be sacred truly and came from the true God.

The recent past is the proof !

If you read well my posts the International Bible Students - without a shadow of a doubt - were the best and the only true christian organization in their time !

And they are followed by the Jehovah's Witnesses. There is none other christian organization on the face of the earth that surpasses them.

Since they are religion of the endtime it is their vested interest in knowing and seeing how the world events take place.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Which is better ? Of course the most important are such calculations that secure our eternal life by showing us God Yahweh must exist and He gave us the Bible and has control over world affairs .

Just take some time and learn about the calculations based on the Bible and open one business page of the Wall Street Journal where you can see the numbers and compare.

• OBVES
    OBVES

The word "cult" may have various connotations . If you were in Poland where most people cultivate the cult of Virgin Mary they would be offended .

Using the word " sect" is a better solution.But note the first christians were viewed as a sect - Acts 28.22. And Jehovah's Witnesses should be put there today . And that would mean they are viewed as a sect by those who don't know the truth of the Bible.

If this true christian organization is in the real end-time era what one should expect of them in their teachings ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit