ARMAGEDDON IS HERE

by DoomVoyager 49 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes God has chosen the USA

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    I live in a sparsely populated area. I don't think there are enough "goats" to adequately cover one end of the state to the other end. Do you think Joe Hoober will arrange buses to transport the soon to be slaughtered from the densely populated cities to rural areas for scriptural fulfillment? Perhaps the birds will carry some of the carcasses to suitably spread the slain from one end of the earth to the other end? And what about the oceans that separate the continents, perhaps there will need to be rafts of slain bodies to complete the slain-stretching-end-to-end-of-the-earth prophecy?

Well, Jesus did say that faith the size of a mustard seed could transplant mountains. So I suppose it will be up to the remaining dubs to fultill this prophecy. They will simply exersize their faith in their Lords and Saviours, the Governing Body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, to transplant several million bodies from large metropolitan areas such as New York over to Idaho, Wyoming and such. It'll put a whole new spin on "it's raining men!" In order to cover the seas, there are nowhere near enough people on earth to do that, so perhaps Joe Hoober will whip up some handy-dandy floating dead bodies from scratch and send them off on their maiden circumnavigation of the globe. Since the Internet is a tool of the Devil, perhaps we will communicate with distant friends in the New System by placing messages in the mouths of these floating carcasses and shoving 'em out to sea. They'll be like very slow passenger pigeons, but hey nobody will be in a hurry in the noo system.

EDIT: On the other hand, there could be a completely different interpretation. Perhaps it just means that Joe Hoober will "spread those slain from one end of the earth to the other" by dismembering them and scattering the body parts evenly over the globe, just as he lovingly commanded that levite to do in the book of Judges.

As for the life raft, you might want to invest in one of these:

alt

The rubber tent-roof will protect you from Joe Hoover's fireballs as you set sail for Paradise on a sea of boiling blood! Praise Jah!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The WTS was right all along - Armageddon was just around the corner

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Yes God has chosen the USA

BUT.... What about the song "God Bless the USA"?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZIApwWq1AU

How can the song say this? This implies that we will be last.

I think the GT will start at the equator and spread North and South. Just think about it. In those warm areas, like Hawaii, people run around in those grass skirts, and loin cloths. Not Christian attire.

So the Alaskan people will be almost last on his wrathful list. Ah Ha!!! Well there is the answer! Alaska is part of the U.S.

MOVE!! while you still have time!!

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Ummm, was this a joke or did they actually say that? Are your parents important people in roles to be saying that? Or was it just speculation? x.x. I mean anything to back this up? Did they say anything in meeting or was this a big joke post?

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

I mean is it just his parents and random witnesses that are speculating that this is it? Or is the society saying that the stock market crashing is a sign?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I mean is it just his parents and random witnesses that are speculating that this is it? Or is the society saying that the stock market crashing is a sign? Speculation amongst all dubs, including the Grand Poobahs of the congregations... but nothing published yet, but then again it always takes them a few weeks to send out letters, and Washtowels are planned 6 months in advance so who knows.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I'm sure my parents are among those hoping for Armageddon any day now. Though they never bought into the 1975 date (I was only 7 at the time), they have most of their lives invested in this being the "Truth."

While the economy in America may be deteriorating, things still are no where near Great Depression era levels of poverty. Even if they should somehow reach that point, how is that supposed to signal the beginning of Armageddon? Let's go a step further and say that there is a war in the near future where nuclear (not nucular) weapons are used. Will that signal the beginning of Armageddon? What if in ten years time gasoline is rationed at the pump and electric power is only on at certain times of the day? Will that signal the beginning of Armageddon? The irony is, of course, that there already was a war in which nuclear weapons were used, and Armageddon didn't come. Conventional weapons containing depleted Uranium have been polluting war zones with radiation at least since the '90s, and Armageddon hasn't come. Lots of countries around the world ration gasoline, and Armageddon hasn't come. In many parts of the world, electricity has become a luxury or only intermittently available, and Armageddon hasn't come.

My point for all those lurking JWs: Conditions in the USA could get a whole lot worse over the next decade or two, and ARMAGEDDON WON'T COME! I'll bet my life on it.

Dave

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Let's all turn our bibles to Revelation 14:20.

"And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress as high up as the bridles of the horses, for a distance of a thousand six hundred furlongs."

Since we'll all be swimming in blood up to our necks, wearing red clothing will obviously be practical. Wait a minute... won't all the blood just drain into the giant cravasses in the ground? And if not then wouldn't all the evil apostates just be able to swim up out of the cracks?

DoomVoyager, you just forgot the antitypical fulfilment of that prophecy, which the FDS gave us in due time, in 1920 if memory serves me well :

" Revelation 14:20 ... reads: "And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood came out of the wine press as high up as the bridles of the horses, for a distance of a thousand six hundred furlongs." "By the space of a thousand and (six)TWO hundred furlongs--
    This can not be interpreted to refer to the 2100 mile battle line
    of the world war. A Furlong or stadium is not a mile and this
    is without the city whereas the battle line is within the city.
    See Rotherham's translation. A stadium is 606 three fourths
    English ft; 1200 stadii are, mi...................................................................................137.9 mi

The work on this volume was done in Scranton, Pa. As fast as
    it was completed it was sent to the Bethel. half of the work
    was done at an average distance of 5 blocks from the Lackawanna
    station, and the other half at a distance of 25 blocks. Blocks
    in Scranton are 10 to the mile. Hence the average distance to the
    station is 15 blocks, or .................................................................................................1.5 mi
    The mileage from Scranton to Hoboken Terminal is shown in time
    tables as 143.8 and this is the mileage charged to passengers,
    but in 1911, at an expense of $12,000,000, the Lackawanna Railroad
    completed its famous cut-off, saving 11 miles of the distance.
    From the day the cut-off was completed the trainmen have been
    allowed 11 miles less than the time table shows, or a net
    distance of ................................................................................................................132.8 mi.
    Hoboken Ferry to Barclay Street Ferry, New York, is .............................................2.0 mi
    Barclay Street Ferry to Fulton Ferry, New York, is 4,800 feet or ............................0.9 mi
    Fulton Ferry, New York, to Fulton Ferry, Brooklyn, is 2,000 feet or .......................0.4 mi
    Fulton Ferry, Brooklyn, to Bethel, is 1,485 feet or ....................................................0.3 mi
    Shortest distance from place where the winepress was trodden
    by the Feet Members of the Lord, Whose guidance and help alone
    made this volume possible.
    (John 6:60,61; Matt 20:11) .......................................................................................137.9 mi"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Bring it on! It would be more loving for Jehovah to kill me at Armageddon than force me into the purgatory of life everlasting with a bunch of JW's. Running Away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit