News from Bethel Heavy

by cinnamon1642 224 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yes or traveling PO's as they get into their vehicles and traveled the circuit. Stopping at the donut shop first of course

• shamus100
    shamus100

Interesting developments, but I'd be more interested once it's actually announced from a more credible source. I believe that this is probably true, and if it is, WOW!

Thanks for the insider info!

Shamus

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I wonder how they will spin this Biblically? They've always said that Paul and Timothy were traveling overseers... now are they going to say that they were superPO's?

I guess that is why they are keeping the token DO's around, to still say they are copying the early Christian arrangement.

When new arrangements are introduced it is with statements like

"Reflecting on the new congregational arrangement providing for elders and ministerial servants, Roger Morgan was moved to say: "This is God's doing." … "Truly, Jehovah is bringing his congregated people into an organizational condition in which they will be able to ride out Armageddon into God's new order under divine rulership."" Yearbook 1975 p.250
                  Funny how they forget what was said in the past when they make the changes.
                • Jringe01
                  Jringe01
                  Plan for eventually selling all buildings in Brooklyn between 2015 – 2020.

Really? What's all this talk about training the elders 'for when the persecution' starts? What about all the study articles urging everyone to 'keep on the watch' and that the Great Tribulation is 'imminent'?? If they plan on selling everything off in the next 7 - 13 years, I guess the Governing Body members don't believe 'the End' is 'right around the corner' after all.

Idiots.

Actually Mary in this one case they are not idiots but in this case maybe you are a bit of one...

Just because they believe the end is around the corner doesn't mean they should stop all planning and activity and wait for it to happen. They still need to print stuff and keep an organization running...I mean come on!

You read the summary, it said they are working at Walkill in 2009 and then, after that is finished they'll start on Patterson in 2011. By the time they get Patterson up to spec it'll be 2013 or 2014 and then by the time they get all the people up there without interfering with production that'll be 2014/2015 at which point they can start selling the properties in Brooklyn.

NYC is a prime target for terrorists. The next big attack won't be planes, it'll be some guy on a subway with a dirty nuke...stuff like that could interfere with production. better to be out in the country, away from all that and also away from so much of the enticements of the world.

Many of the factory buildings are getting really old and the older they get the more expensive they'll be to maintain. Moving to Patterson into new buildings which can be custom built to handle modern printing presses would save money on increasing maintenence costs or if they ship most printing off to other branches then they can save a bundle.

No matter which way you look at it and no matter what you think of the WTS...it is a practical move to get out of NYC

• Sunnygal41
                  Sunnygal41
                  Just because they believe the end is around the corner doesn't mean they should stop all planning and activity and wait for it to happen.

let's not forget how they always said that the organization would be going gangbusters right up to the very minute of armaggedon...........UNTIL jehovah told them to stop.........

• IT Support
                  IT Support

This all sounds very credible. Thanks for reporting it, cinnamon1642.

However, there is a certain irony here, regarding the new 'CO' arrangement.

Not so many years ago, in the wake of the many, many 'mishandled' judicial cases (i.e. congregatation elders not following Brooklyn instructions to the letter), there was a rumour coming out of the Service Department that they wanted to scrap the elder arrangement altogether and start again. Allegedly some of the Service 'heavies' felt that too many brothers had been appointed who didn't properly meet the Scriptural requirements.

(All the while, of course, they were wholly oblivious to the fact that probably the majority of problems were the result of their own incompetence: "first extract the rafter from your own eye ...")

Their preferred solution had apparently been to delete every elder and only reappoint the most loyal 'company men.'

Another alternative that was apparently discussed was to select the most capable elders in each circuit and give them extra training in handling judicial matters, and only they would handle the judicial committees in the circuit - they would become a sort of 'mobile circuit court.'

I was told that some of the GB were 'uncomfortable' with these ideas and surprisingly Jaracz couldn't get the necessary majority, so the plans were quietly dropped.

Now, however, it seems a variation of these plans is being implemented, with a two-tier system of elders, the POs becoming a sort of 'super-elder' elite in each circuit.

Fascinating.

• tijkmo
                  tijkmo
                  Another alternative that was apparently discussed was to select the most capable elders in each circuit and give them extra training in handling judicial matters, and only they would handle the judicial committees in the circuit - they would become a sort of 'mobile circuit court.'

well i wrote to the gb with exactly this suggestion unaware that it had already been discussed and scrapped. but of course to set up this arrangement would be an admission that the present jcs don't have divine direction which is the reason given as to why their decisions can't be questioned.

when i think of the presiding overseers that i served with i truly fear for the congregations they would be visiting. as another poster observed the oppurtunity for personal vendettas would be too much to resist for some of these bullies.

but don't forget that there will be thousands of present cos who will be likely appointed as pos in various congregations and who would certainly be first in the frame for the new arrangement. i don't see there being a shortage of elders willing/fighting to be used in this position.

of course getting anything done in the cong might present a problem if they are away for a number of weekends a year given that most bodies of elders are loathe to actually make any decisions if the po is away on holiday or ill etc etc.

• golf2
                  golf2

Selling all the buildings in Brooklyn by 2015-2020? So much for the end being near, AGAIN!

Golf

• metatron
                  metatron

There's good reasons why corporations and governments appoint outside auditors and independent investigators and the Federal Reserve and an independent judiciary.

Miserable as C.O.'s are, things can get way worse! More bozo window washer 'appointed by God' idiots put in charge of increasingly delicate situations - which they can screw up or just ignore.

Looks to me like they are running out of alternatives. Godspeed to that.

metatron

• NewYork44M
                  NewYork44M
                  NYC is a prime target for terrorists. The next big attack won't be planes, it'll be some guy on a subway with a dirty nuke...No matter which way you look at it and no matter what you think of the WTS...it is a practical move to get out of NYC.

Now you tell me. I just bought an apartment here and you tell me I am a prime dirty nuke target? Yikes!!

Share this

Google+
                Pinterest
                Reddit